HELP..i havent lost!! Serious encouragement needed!

Options
I am so disappointed right now!
I have worked my butt off (literally i would hope) at the gym this week, everyday, and have also beenn REALLY strict with my diet, have been under my calorie allowance everyday..but i weighed myself this morning,and i havent even lost 1lb!??

Please help, i really need some major encouragement, as i am so frustrated!!

Replies

• jane9213
    Options
    Don't give up you will be ok keep at it. The second week you will some times not loose anything but remember you haven't put on which is really good. Keep going
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    thanks Jane, i am just so disappointed. apart from eating next to nothing (which i wont do), i dont see how i can improve, and lose weight!
  • supercool111
    Options
    You've probably lost mass though! Don't be discouraged!
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    @supercool: Have you lost that 20lbs this month?!
  • claire30
    Options
    You've probably lost mass though! Don't be discouraged!

Thanks. I could cry right now, i feel so disappointed!
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am the same as you today! I am thinking because of the amount of working out that fat is turning into muscle (muscle weighs more than fat). I know my clothes are getting bigger so something is happening. I am sure you are the same
    Jayne x
  • wallena
    wallena Posts: 32
    Options
    OKAY, DON'T PANIC! LET'S STOP AND THINK ABOUT HOW YOUR DAY WAS GOING BEFORE YOU STEPPED ON THE BLASTED SCALE. FELT GOOD, DIDNT YOU? WORKING OUT, WATCHING YOUR DIET. IT CHANGES YOU. YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT BUT DON'T FOCUS ON THAT SO MUCH RIGHT NOW.. HOW DOES YOUR BODY FEEL? YOU FEEL MORE TAUT, TONED? OF COURSE YOU DO. YOU'RE BUILDING LEAN MUSCLE. SOME PPL EVEN GAIN WEIGHT THE FIRST WEEK IF THEY ADD EXERCISE TO THEIR REGIMEN. MUSCLE IS MORE LEAN, LESS SPACE-OCCUPYING BUT IT IS HEAVIER. SO PLEASE STICK TO YOUR PLAN. YOU'RE GOING TO SEE MORE RESULTS THAN JUST THE NUMBERS ON THE SCALE. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND THANKS BECAUSE YOU'RE HELPING ME TOO.
  • angelmom1223
    Options
    I have to agree with Wallena. The same thing happened to me. I didn't give up and now I'm seeing the weight come off. You will too if you don't give up. DON"T GIVE UP!!! KEEP UP THE HARD WORK!!! IT WILL PAY OFF!!!
  • claire30
    Options
    Phew, panic over!!
    Thanks so much you guys, you are all so helpful, and i cant tell you how much your encouragement means to me today!
    wallena, you are so right. Although i cant really see the difference (its only been a week), i can feel adifference, i already feel a little bit fitter, and i feel better about my body, knowing that i am doing something about it!
    A HUGE thanks to you all for your support during a terrible day.xxx.
  • indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this thread. I was feeling the same way this week! I feel lighter and feel better but haven't lost any weight. After reading this it makes sense. Everyone keep up the awesome job!
  • dgolden10
    Options
    I have been feeling the same way, I have been doing this for 3 weeks now and have been working out and under my calorie intake and have only lost 1 pound. Still don't know why I haven't lost more weight. any suggestions?
  • claire30
    Options
    I am glad that i am not the only one having this prob.. but not glad for the rest of you experianceing this (if that makes sense).

I am not too worried, as i am just going to carry on doing what i am doing, and see what happens next friday when i weigh in!
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Try dropping salt/soduim for a week. It's hard to do if you don't make fresh everything but that might give you a jump start even if it is water weight you are loosing. I agree with the earlier post about muscle vs fat weight....if the clothes are feeling better, don't always rely on the numbers. Keep up the great workouts!
  • claire30
    Options
    Try dropping salt/soduim for a week. It's hard to do if you don't make fresh everything but that might give you a jump start even if it is water weight you are loosing. I agree with the earlier post about muscle vs fat weight....if the clothes are feeling better, don't always rely on the numbers. Keep up the great workouts!

thanks for the reply,
    i dont add salt to anything at all, or do you mean cutting out the foods that contain salt?? and does anyone have any ideas what the high sodium foods are?
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    its really hard to eat low sodium diet if you eat prepared foods. what I do is include sodium in my food diary and then look up things prior to eating them...actually while im planning a menu/meal. Canned anything are typically high sodium. I love beans, any kind but I now buy the dried version and soak them (without salt of course) and put in a bowl to use for the next few days. It takes longer but if you plan ahead it's doable. I just start back with this site after being gone for serveral months and it really helps to get the support. One of my fav quick meals is pinto bean, bell pepper or zuchinni and onion sauted in a dry pan (add a little water if you like the vegies a little softer) wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. Filling & tasty. Throw a spoon of salsa on too if you like but watch the sodium in that too!

Check out Dr. Oz website for more ideas about low salt & sugar meals
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! When I started, I actually gained 3 lbs (but lost inches - so it was an increase in muscle) before losing them. Just keep working at it - I know it is hard to keep motivated now, but once you see some movement in the scale and feel the difference in the way your clothes fit, you'll want to keep going.
  • kcbtcjla
    Options
    There is this saying muscle weighs more than fat, I am working on the Wii and doing the stretching and the fat burning one and since I started yesterday I have lost already a pound then I will work up to more extensive workouts and I started walking as well. I am alway at a loss when it comes to weight but I am going to try harder now than I ever have, good luck.
  • Kizster
    Kizster Posts: 13
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! I'm on my third week, and I haven't lost a single pound the past two of those weeks. Just keep it up, it's gotta fall off eventually. :D
  • ktrichards87
    Options
    Each week is different and just remember that muscle weighs more, so you could just be gaining more muscle.
  • twilight1542
    Options
    1. Add the sodium column to your food diary. If ur eating too much sodium you'll retain water.
    2. Drink water. At least 8 8-oz glasses. If you're exercising or exceeding daily sodium more.
    3. log everything that goes in your mouth including beverages.
    4. Weigh in at the same time of day & only 1x per week. Most people do before breakfast & after using the bathroom. I prefer early evening after working out. The most important thing is that your body is in a similar state every time.
    5. Check your scale. Many are inaccurate. If you weigh yourself 3 or more times in a row do you get the same #? I had to buy a new digital one b/c mine never gave the same #. You can also weigh something you know the weight of like a dumbbell. And make sure the scales on a hard (tile or wood floor) level surface. Digital scales are especially sensitive to this.
    6. Be patient. Don't think of this as a diet, but a lifestyle change. I'm proof that it can be done :))