Can anyone recommend an MP3 player/ipod and headphones?

Options
hi guys,
can anyone tell me a good MP3 player/ipod and headphones, that i can use when at the gym please?

Replies

• harveywallbanger
    Options
    iPod nano + armband is a pretty good combo, providing you have a PC/Mac with iTunes. Ridiculously light, with support for playlists, shuffle, loop and generally excellent management makes it hard to beat. And when you eventually give up and join the crowd by buying an iPhone, you'll be able to continue with iTunes, your music library, playlists, etc.
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    thanks for the advice Harveywallbanger,
    i am not sure how the ipod nano works, lol.
    Can i just upload music from a Cd onto my laptop..and then download it onto an ipod (the same as with an MP3player)?
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have the Sansa Fuze. It's really light weight, can clip on your clothes or put in an arm band. I load music directly from my music on the computer but you can load music from web based music sites as well. It also has an FM band if you just want to listen to the radio. You can shuffle the music, play in order or play specific play lists. I have the 4GB but it comes in 2 and 8 GB also. I've had mine for about two years and love it. You just use ear buds or regular headphones.
  • wallena
    wallena Posts: 32
    Options
    IPHONE IS THE BEST. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD MANY FREE RADIO STATIONS. GOOD LUCK.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    iPod nano + armband is a pretty good combo, providing you have a PC/Mac with iTunes. Ridiculously light, with support for playlists, shuffle, loop and generally excellent management makes it hard to beat. And when you eventually give up and join the crowd by buying an iPhone, you'll be able to continue with iTunes, your music library, playlists, etc.

The new 5th generation nano has a pedometer on it where you can plug in your weight and it will estimate calories burned while walking for you. It also keeps a history of how much you have walked in steps.

Also, just want to clarify that downloading iTunes is free (I didn't realize this and put off getting one for along time because of it.) and it is really easy to register your iPod if you decide to go that route.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    If you don't want all the fancy options and the price of the ipod nano the new shuffles are really nice. They don't have a screen but with a touch of a button it will tell you what the song is so you can still flip through your playlist. That is what I think I might get soon. I played with it at the apple store and I liked it.

Right now I have a Rio cali. It only hold about 45minutes of song, which is fine for my shorter runs and you don't have to have itumes to use it. The newer versions of this (I have had this one for 9 years) come with larger memory so that you can store more.

For headphones, I don't like the plain hard earbuds for more than 30minutes or so. I like the soft ones that wrap around your ear. My husband has a nice set that the wire runs down your back that are by Nike.
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using my iPhone but am contemplating buying either an ipod shuffle or nano to wear when I go out for my daily exercise. We tend to get a lot of rain in Florida, not to mention the high humidity tends to make me sweat a lot.

I would rather get a $50 shuffle or a $150 nano wet than my iPhone.
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
    I have decided to go for the shuffle, and have bought some decent earphones too!
    thanks again!
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound crazy but I've purchase several MP3 players that have just plain not worked, 2 years ago my son got a disney mix stick for Christmas and we love it, it even went through the wash and is still working, you can add extra memory to it to expand for more music and it has an internal battery that is rechargeable so you don't have to worry about changing batteries. They are also inexpensive, I just got my daughter one for $18. The drawback is that not many adults want to have disney actors on their mp3 players but if you dont mind that then I would recommend it. Just got to disneystore.com and check their clearance items
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I'm with annastasia76. I got 1 mp3 player for $5 @ microcenter I leave on the treadmill at home. I got an MP4 player off ebay for $25 bucks. If I lose either one of them ( or sweat profusely one it:laugh: ) I won't feel bad b/c it is just a couple of bucks.