Support??

Options
I have been using this program for 10 months and have lost motivation, anyone who wants to help push me along, the support would be welcome

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    That's much easier to do when we know more about your goals. I've seen everything ranging from weight loss, to strength increase, to running, to cycling, and I think there was even someone who mentioned rock climbing that I came across.

Support isn't just "go you, you can do eeeeeet", and it allows us to do a better job if we know what you want to accomplish.
  • da_shark
    Options
    Goals: lose weight to help with my diabetes, I am currently 337 pounds, started out at 356. My ultimate goal would be to get down to 250.
  • GrillDaddy
    Options
    Just keep tracking the food. Hopefully you should start noticing a natural change to better food choices. Nutrition is 95% of the solution.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Goals: lose weight to help with my diabetes, I am currently 337 pounds, started out at 356. My ultimate goal would be to get down to 250.

After ten months and only seeing 19 pounds off, I can understand your frustration. I am not overly familiar with Type II Diabetes, though I have a few family members who are Type I.

The best thing I could tell you is to make your diary public, and maybe make a post asking for help from other Type II sufferers who have made great progress. If you aren't comfortable with doing that, make it viewable by friends, and make a similar thread looking for people that have been combating it.

Obviously, you have done something right, as you've lost nearly 20 pounds, but it never hurts to get advice from people who were once in the exact same boat that you are.
  • da_shark
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I am just getting back into this, at one point I had lost 25 pounds but got lazy. I will post up on the boards
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I am just getting back into this, at one point I had lost 25 pounds but got lazy. I will post up on the boards

Good man. The community here can be far more helpful than just the app itself, from what I have seen.

That said, nothing beats doing some research yourself when something sounds...questionable. Best of luck to you, and give it hell.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options

I have full confidence that you will be able to take the weight off. And posting here for support was a huge step in that process. Just keep on tracking your calories, and get in some exercise whenever possible and you will be well on your way!!! I never had type 2 diabetes. But I suspect at my highest weight I may have been pre-diabetic. Above all else keep your health in mind :) show your plan to your doctor and get him on board :) good luck, and just remember, that if you fall a thousand times and get up a thousand and one times your a success!!! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    my reccommendation would be to find some likeminded fellow mfp's who have similar goals and start weights so you can support each other!

and keep your eyes on the prize!! 250 may seem like its miles away but every good choice, and every bit of exercise you do brings you closer to your goal!