Type 2 Diabetic

Options
I am a type 2 diabetic looking for tips and tricks from others on losing weight and maintaining their diabetes. I currently am weighing in at 337 and have lost 19lbs so far but feel like I am hitting a brick wall. Any support would be awesome!

Replies

• nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    3 years ago, with type 2 diabetes and on 2 needles a day of 170 units of insulin I started by using a 1500 cal diabetic diet. I was 600 pounds.
    In 17 months I dropped 170 pounds.
    I then dropped my cals to 1200... fine tuned what I ate...low sugar, low sodium, low carb, kept my protein at a min of 60-80 grams a day, drank my water, and WALKED. in 9 months i took another 200 lbs off.
    So in two years I had 370 lbs off AND no longer needed BP meds AND NO MORE INSULIN. my sugars run in the 4's n 5's... my A1C is usually around 5. I feel WONDERFUL!!
    The good thing about diabetes, you have the power to control the disease and not let it destroy you.

All the best in your weight loss. YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    n BTW during weight loss always expect lulls, stalls and plateaus... and yes, even wee gains (a few pounds). it is all a part of your body adapting getting use to and pushing forward. Take this time to learn about your body. One must keep honest and stick to the program to allow your weight loss to continue during these times. These are the times which will be hard and challenging. It is not easy. If you have any issues with your behaviour with food, I would suggest taking any courses or self help with CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy). all goes hand n hand when making weight loss a success.