what goes with salmon?

Options
sarahslim100
sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
I love salmon steaks. Just wondering what ideas you have. I had a simple meal with beans and sweet potato tonight. Jaimie oliver has a recipe with lentils in 20 min meals im going to try. What do u eat with salmon?

Replies

• broooooooce
    broooooooce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Asparagus is best (also, unusually healthy and light on calories, just boil, steam, or even bake... maybe brush with olive oil, but I'm fine with just some salt/pepper)
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Salad or steamed veggies?

We normally eat it with Salad.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I love my salmon plain...pan fried with a squeeze of lemon and sprinkling of sea salt and served with new potatoes and green veg or a salad. I sometimes make a watercress sauce from the pan juices with some light creme fraiche, chopped watercress and season to taste.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love a little whole grain rice pilaf, and a healthy portion side salad. I like my salmon cooked under the broiler, with a little extra virgin olive oil and greek seasoning, with lemon slice. When I have my salmon cut at the store, I like the thick part. It is so moist!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, black beans, corn. Search for Quinoa recipes and you will find it. It is great with Salmon. Especially BBQed Cedar plank Salmon. Yummy
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    asparagus or broccoli and for the salmon top it with cream sauce and melted cheese on top
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    love it with asaparagus, but also with green beans, side of rice, with side salad (I make dressing from soya sauce and oil so it tastes like japanese style salad)
    salmon is my absolutely fav fish
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thin slices of lemon on a salmon fillet and wrap asparagus spears around it. Brush ith a tiny amount of olive oil and either grill or fried in a griddle pan.
  • jaimeteague
    jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Jacket potato and salad
    Broccoli and noodles
    Flaked into rice
    Topped with a crumb and baked
    With cod (or another white fish) in a pie

I love salmon!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I do mine in a little parcel in the oven with lemon, tiny bit of butter and dill and seasoning...yum! Sometimes I do a little pesto and breadcrumb crust on it instead. I have mine with some roasted veg batons on the side or if it's warm out just a simple salad... *made me hungry now*
  • GrillDaddy
    Options
    Brown rice,steamed veggies, and topped with sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Num num. Yes I stole it from Outback steakhouse.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    We had this tonight.
    Warmed baked salmon, blanched asparagus spears and snow peas.
    Dressing- white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard thyme and lemon juice.
    It went down well!
  • James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I usually make rice and steamed broccoli with salmon. Not very imaginative, I'll admit, but quick and easy. The rice cooker will also steam the broccoli at the same time. Doesn't take long, either.

It'll be good no matter what you make it with, though. I do like me some salmon!
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Zucchini, saulted butter, cream (not sour), cherry tomato.
    It's absolutely amazing with pasta and cream.

pasta_salmone.jpg

I used to love it before being a vegetarian.
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This meal is a favorite in our family! I make salmon with asparagus (brush with olive oil, salt, pepper & bake) and brown rice.

Sometimes if I am feeling fiesty I will chop olives (any kind you can come up with), pimentos, red wine vinegar and capers to make a reiish for it. Delicious!!!!!!
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It's perfect with Greek spinach lemon dill rice. If you want the recipe let me know. ;-)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Cous cous with chorizo, spring onions and sun-dried tomatoes.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Roast the salmon steaks

Break into into a baking tray. Cover is white sauce, Add a layer of veg(broccolli works well)

Cover in mash potato. Stick in the oven at 180 for 40minutes
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Roasted Fennel is a nice idea if you like the aniseed/fish combination
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Asparagus is best (also, unusually healthy and light on calories, just boil, steam, or even bake... maybe brush with olive oil, but I'm fine with just some salt/pepper)

This. And a sweet potato if I'm looking for something substantial also.