Late night munchies...

kateyb
kateyb Posts: 138 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't know if anyone else has a problem with this - I don't beat myself up about going out once a week, having a few too many drinks, and dancing off a couple of lbs. I always make sure I have enough calories saved to cover the alcohol and stick to the low cal low carb option of vodka/sugar free redbull. After 4/5 hours of dancing I'm famished though and find myself at the kebab shop getting some grilled chicken and salad. My question is do you log this as the day you went out on (even though its early morning the next day) or for the following day?

Also, although I doubt I'll ever completely forsake my chicken and salad I wondered - as long as you keep within the daily/weekly limits, does eating late at night really work against your weight loss efforts?

Replies

• On which day do you log your exercise? I say that because that's why you're so famished & you actually need to eat... I would log both on the same day. In this case, I don't think that eating late at night works against you - I think it works for you in the long run by not putting your body into starvation mode (I don't know if it's only a once-per-week thing but I assume it might happen if you do this every week)...

On another note, Jorge Cruiz, in his book, "8 Minutes in the Morning: A Simple Way to Shed Up to 2 Pounds a Week Guaranteed" claims that eating a small (healthy) snack right before bed is actually a good way to boost your metabolism when you sleep since it requires your body use more calories to burn food and keeps your blood sugar level throughout the night. Then again, he also states that you only need 8 minutes of daily exercise to lose weight...
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    I log the exercise as the day I go out. Ok thats great though, thanks for the clarification x
This discussion has been closed.