Reese's Pieces Protein Shake

Options

Replies

• theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    OM NOM NOM - peanut butter anything is my weakness and I love PB2 - I will have to try this!
  • queenbeeq
    queenbeeq Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yeah I made sure I actually went to a few supplement shops and spoke to a few trainers, as well as my sister who has just completed "Ripped in 42". For someone who eats peanut butter like it's going out of style, PB2 is a great choice for me because it is so low in calories. MyoFusion is one of the top sellers here in NL and it's low in calories and tastes amazing, but is expensive like you said. A jumbo crock is about $70-$80.

Shakes are a big part of my every day routine simply because I don't stop. I have an extremely busy schedule and I can't always cook a meal, so rather than going out for fast food, I'll just make a shake. It's also beneficial to me because I workout 6 out of 7 days a week with intense cardio or moderate cardio and weight training.
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    Thanks for posting this recipe. Sounds delish and I plan to try it out very soon. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE reeses pieces.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing... gonna have to buy pb2. A friend also told me about Walden Farms peanut butter which has no calories or carbs.

The Walden Farms "PB" is literally the worst thing I've ever eaten. I would not even spend the money on it if i were you. Take my word for it.

ALL of the WF products I've tried have gone straight into the garbage can. They have no anything because you can't eat them. Period :(
  • queenbeeq
    Options
    Bump!
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    oh this sounds too good to be true.. :devil: :love:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    PB2 is the best invention EVER.....

I have nothing else to say. lol
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I know what you're thinking... "Reese's Pieces? This is going to be PACKED full of calories."

On the contrary. It's only 160cals for a little more than 8oz and has 17g of protein!

Here's what you need:

2 tbsp of PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
    1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use MyoFusion Milk Chocolate)
    1 cup of milk (I use almond breeze - vanilla, unsweetened almond milk)

I like to blend mine with ice so that it's more like a milk shake but it tastes just as great without ice!

Enjoy, it's the most amazing protein shake I've ever tasted!

Sounds good!
  • Dsmcgrail
    Options
    Bump!!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing... gonna have to buy pb2. A friend also told me about Walden Farms peanut butter which has no calories or carbs.

The Walden Farms "PB" is literally the worst thing I've ever eaten. I would not even spend the money on it if i were you. Take my word for it.

TRUE STORY. I have mixed a little of it with PB2, and it's okay that way, though.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    OMG. I am going to buy the PB2 now just so I can try this. I have some chocolate protein powder in the cupboard. Wonder if it's still good. Lol.
  • paijing
    paijing Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Creamy peanut butter works too!

I make something very similar:

1/2 cup chocolate soy milk
    1/4 cup water
    1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
    3/4 scoop of chocolate protein powder
    5 ice cubes

I crave it every day!

EDIT: For a thicker, smoother consistency, add 1/2 banana. (If you're trying to cut back on carbs, then skip the banana.)
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy thanks for posting, was just thinking about trying to make a pb2 chocolate shake for tonight :)
  • Cptrob
    Cptrob Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP. I use pb2 with my protein shakes daily. Minus the almond milk for water and it tastes delicious!!! And it always makes me think of Reese's pieces.
    Calories 158
  • queenbeeq
    Options
    Creamy peanut butter works too!

I make something very similar:

1/2 cup chocolate soy milk
    1/4 cup water
    1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
    3/4 scoop of chocolate protein powder
    5 ice cubes

I crave it every day!

EDIT: For a thicker, smoother consistency, add 1/2 banana. (If you're trying to cut back on carbs, then skip the banana.)

This sounds great as well! I'll have to try it :)

I have a love affair with peanut butter...
  • queenbeeq
    Options
    I agree with the OP. I use pb2 with my protein shakes daily. Minus the almond milk for water and it tastes delicious!!! And it always makes me think of Reese's pieces.
    Calories 158

I'll definitely have to try substituting water for almond milk! :)

It's my favorite, not to mention I can have it everyday and feed my Reese's Pieces cravings hahaha.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    sounds good; will have to buy some chocolate protein powder...hmmmmm, will have to make a trip to Earth Fare for their Chocolate Plant Fusion b/c I do not do whey or soy.
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yum sounds delicious. I LOVE peanut butter and have never heard of powdered PB. I'm going to look for it and try the shke. Thanks for sharing.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lawandabradley
    lawandabradley Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!