Exercise and weight loss?

mbrownks77
mbrownks77 Posts: 137
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been doing a biggest loser competition at work for 2 weeks now. The first week I didn't work out and lost 3 lbs. The second week I worked out 5 nights and gained 1 lb back! Does anyone know how to balance it out so I can lose? Others are losing 5-10 lbs. in a week and I'm really starting to get discouraged! Sometimes I eat my exercise calories and sometimes I don't. I don't like to eat them all because I don't workout until about 7pm and by then it's too late to eat. I am so confused! Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    Don't worry! You have started working out which means you are burning fat and probably building lean muscle. In the end lean muscle burns more calories. I lost alot the first week and now starting week 3 have been stalled. I can feel my clothes are fitting better and I'm starting to tone in areas. Look at your weight loss challenge as a good way to start eating healthy and taking care of you....you will be a winner in the end either way! Good luck!!
  • And if you do start losing a lot then stall just like she said, use the measurement tracker under check-in. Since you will be losing fat and gaining lean muscle you will be getting smaller bit by bit. This is a good was to keep track of it.
This discussion has been closed.