Buffalo grilled chicken recipies?

Options
Klopford
Klopford Posts: 129
So I need to learn how to cook for myself. Currently, my complete arsenal of cooking knowledge consists of anything you can make in a microwave, ramen noodles, grilled cheese, and my mom's pasta salad recipe.

My most favorite food in the world is buffalo chicken. Wings, sandwiches, whatever. So I figured that might be a good place to start learning how to cook. I had an idea that I could cook up some chicken breasts and put buffalo wing sauce on them and then use them for sandwiches or whatever, like the buffalo chicken sandwich from Subway. Chicken breast is generic enough to track, but sauces vary by brand. And I thought maybe someday I could even try to make my own buffalo sauce (it's basically cayenne pepper, vinegar, and butter, right? That's what wikipedia said...)

Anyone got some good, EASY, healthy recipes or tips for making that stuff? And... what would go good as a side dish?

Replies

• knjitters
    knjitters Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do that almost every week. cook up some chicken with Franks Red hot sauce.. alot of times I will throw them on a wrap with lettuce, tomato and what ever veggie i have in my kitchen.. depending on my calories for the day I will add some low fat cheese or fat free ranch.
    I just read a good on one the recipe board called "buffalo chicken cupcakes' im gong to try this weekend i think
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I make mine with Frank's Red Hot and butter. More on the hot sauce side if I want it spicy, more butter if I want it more mild.
  • elizabethm1114
    elizabethm1114 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Frank's Redhot Buffalo Sauce is only 0 Calories per serving, and very tasty. This is what I just ate for lunch:
    Buffalo Chicken Wrap.

Ingredients:
    1 medium flour tortilla
    3/4 cup cubed chicken
    2 tbsp buffalo sauce
    1 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
    1 cup spring salad mix

Directions:
    1. Mix chicken and buffalo sauce together, and heat up.
    2. Put salad in tortilla, and top with chicken and blue cheese.
    3. Roll that bad boy up, and enjoy.

349 calories
    27 carbs
    8 fat
    39 protein
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/crock-pot-buffalo-chicken-lettuce-wraps.html

www.skinnytaste.com/2012/07/stuffed-buffalo-chicken-breasts.html

www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html

www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/lighter-buffalo-wings-6-pts.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/10/skinny-buffalo-chicken-potato-skins.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/05/buffalo-turkey-burgers-with-blue-cheese.html

Can you tell I like skinnytaste.com???

Edited to fix a couple of links. And I think I'll cook the Buffalo Turkey Burgers tonight....yum!
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • wmstormvet
    Options
    I like to marinate my chicken breasts in buffalo sauce (any kind will work) for a few days. This lets the sauce soak into the chicen a bit. I then put my on the BBQ grill so you aren't adding any fat while cooking. I use this to eat just as breasts or we make salads, wraps, sandwiches...pretty much anything you want. You could also bake it in the oven but I like the grill taste better. You could use breast tenders or cut the breasts into smaller bite size pieces too.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    Some of these sound great! And since I'm not a huge fan of blue cheese (Blue cheese dressing? Ok but I prefer ranch. Blue cheese crumbles? Not so much), I could skip that part and I'm sure that'd bring the calories down even further. ;)
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I make a buffalo chicken:

Thinly chop: carrots, celery, red onions, and tomatoes.

Get low sodium franks hot sauce, mixed melted olive oil becel. 2-1 mix or 3-1

Pre heat the oven to 425 on broil.

Sear a thawed chicken breast on an iron cast skillet. Make sure both sides get golden brown. About 4 minutes. Add in the wing sauce and let it simmer till the chicken cooks through.

Once it's done cooking through throw the skillet in the oven and let the chicken and sauce caramelize for about <4 minutes. Make sure you watch it while it's in the oven as the chicken can burn.

Once chicken is done in the oven. Toss the veggies, pour some low fat/calorie store bought ranch and throw the chicken on top.

I eat this almost twice a week.

It's that good.