Feels like an air bubble in my knee

Options
After a run it feels like I have an air bubble/pressure in my right knee. It is not excruciating, but it's definitely uncomfortable and achy. It last until I take a day of rest (I usually run 3-4 days in a row) and then it goes away until the next time I run and it starts all over.

Has anyone had this before? Any suggestions to either stop it from starting or to alleviate afterwards? I've tried lying on my back and moving my lower leg up and down to try and pop but it doesn't.

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Have you been to the doctor.
  • patrickkoenig
    Options
    I have this same problem. It happens when I'm bicycling. A physical therapist recently recommended knee strengthening exercises. It could be inflammation, and strengthening the muscles around the knee will help prevent injury and improve alignment, especially when doing sports.
  • sll1083
    sll1083 Posts: 31
    Options
    Have you been to the doctor.

No, I haven't yet. I'm trying to decide if I should go to the doctor or not, which is why I made this post lol (not being a smarta$$ - truly why I made this post).

I was a runner before I had my daughter and never had this problem but I'm also 30+lbs heavier and 4 years older. Was wanting to feel out others before I made a doctor appointment where all they said it was my weight and it would go away as I lose.