"I Want To Look Like That Guy" Movie

Options
This is a documentary about a guy who is already in decent shape (he's a volunteer fire fighter, albeit a pudgy one) who decides to embark on a journey to become that guy in all the diet supplement ads... you know the guy... the orange-tanned, ripped, 0% body fat guy. Anybody else see it? I just watched it on YouTube and I have to say it was pretty interesting.

Made me feel a lot better about the pudgy spots on myself and a lot more introspective about the food I eat. I also developed a bit of empathy for those guys as they lose their minds trying to achieve that perfect look.

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I've seen it.
    The guy used drugs and dieted/trained very vigorously for the duration of that documentary.

he made some great results, but there was some definitely bluffing about it being done "naturally".

Couldn't help but crack up at the coach who was an IFBB pro but did it "without the use of drugs".

Cool movie though.
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Where'd you hear he used drugs? I guess I'm not likely to believe that unless there's really good evidence. I'm not the kind to assume the worst in people... even if it's in black and white on the internet. :P
    They talked about how they were drug tested before announcing the results... Isn't it exceedingly difficult to win awards if you've tested positive? And he won awards, so, I'm guessing he tested negative.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Where'd you hear he used drugs? I guess I'm not likely to believe that unless there's really good evidence. I'm not the kind to assume the worst in people... even if it's in black and white on the internet. :P
    They talked about how they were drug tested before announcing the results... Isn't it exceedingly difficult to win awards if you've tested positive? And he won awards, so, I'm guessing he tested negative.

A lot of tested competitors use drugs.
    The IFBB pro 100% without a doubt used them. You can tell by looking at him.
    I'd almost give the movie maker the benefit of the doubt and say he could have done it naturally, either way he worked his *kitten* off and got some awesome results.

I'm actually watching the movie again right now. It was an interesting perspective.