Loved the book but hated the movie

Options
Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
I loved 'Something Borrowed' by Emily Giffin. The movie was awful.

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every one in existence, save about 5 or 6!

Most recently, The Help.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I feel that way about pretty much EVERY movie that was based on a book I read. The Harry Potter series is one of the few where I like the movies as much as I like the books.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Pretty much every one in existence, save about 5 or 6!

Most recently, The Help.

I still need to read this so I can finally see the movie!
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Steven King's "The Stand"
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

Any Stephen King book made into a movie ever. Although I think Christine was the worst one
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

I thought that was a good one.
  • kakklespakkle
    kakklespakkle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started on how they murdered Northern Lights with the trot that was 'The Golden Compass'!
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i hate book adaptions i don't think i have ever seen one and thought ooooh id love to see it again! i read a lot of random books from random genres but as examples,... Anne Rice books to movies...awful, jodie picoult my sisters keeper...ending all wrong and doesn't follow it and darren shans cirque du freak totally messed up >< i give up watching them. ALTHOUGH a local author, Joseph Delaney writes a good series 'Spooks' but he sold the rights to the movies and has no input, it comes out next year i will feel the need to watch it though! The books are set in my local area in england but its filmed in canada? with american cast? lol xxx
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. Tom Cruise as Vampire Lestat was wrong in so many ways.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    The Amityville Horror
  • pithole
    pithole Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    WANTED & KICK-*kitten*, comics were way better.

Also THE SHINING.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    The whole Narnia series...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    "It"
    So hard to adapt Stephen King and do the book justice.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I assumed you were talking about 'Alex Cross'. I really like the books but this movie was just not good. Added characters, people died that shouldn't have, the psycho was too easy to catch, and the acting was not very good. Very disappointed.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

I thought that was a good one.

I actually liked that one too! I hated "IT"!

On the flip-side, I think the ending of the 5th Harry Potter was much better done in the movie than it was in the book. I hated the way that book ended, but the movie made the ending tolerable.
  • aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    Eragon. Movie was soooo bad, I couldn't watch past 20 or 30 minutes.

I will say, Game of Thrones on HBO has been awesome! I will admit, after seeing it on HBO, I then bought the books.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Charlotte's Web
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    There are so many to name! Almost ALL of the Harry Potter Movies...but most recently....The Hunger Games.

...oh, and I have a feeling that the Jack Reacher movie coming out isn't going to be as good as the book....but I'll go in with an open mind.
  • poetictraveller
    poetictraveller Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second book in the Discovery of Witches series. I already hate the movie and it hasn't been filmed yet. Some things were just meant to be read and not watched...
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Most Stephen King books, except The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, & The Shining (original movie with Jack Nicholson)