Boredom Snacking at Work :(

Options
someone help! so many people have candy at work because of Halloween being right around the corner. I dont want to give in. Advice? or just someone to talk to so I can get my mind off the food...

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Just pack yourself some snacks to have at your desk - depending upon your caloric intake you can even pack some sweet stuff.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Green Tea.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Start a blog on here. That will keep you busy. Even if it's just ranting or long bouts of self-talk about what's for dinner or your workout that day or the changes you're noticing in your body..... write a post every time you have the urge to snack.
  • k_miami
    k_miami Posts: 17
    Options
    Thats a great idea. I do have some lifesavers mints i keep in my desk and that seems to help a bit. but i am on 1200 cals a day so there is limited wiggle room
  • jerman01
    jerman01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I take an apple to work everyday. And I keep some Special K crackers in my cabinet. I pass the candy and donuts up for a healthy snack.

Don't be tempted by those who say a little candy or cake won't hurt. It usually does and people that say it are usually jealous that you are eating healthy and losing weight.

All I heard yesterday at work was you don't eat enough. I eat 1470 healthy calories everyday and I don't miss the bad stuff too often.

You can do it.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem ...... that bucket of Halloween candy has been on my desk (I'm a receptionist) since the beginning of October ....... I watch my coworkers chowing down, but I haven't even had one piece ....... it's not exciting, but I always bring my own snacks ....... assorted raw veggies & hummus, cheese stick, LF yogurt & sugar-free jam, small package of nuts, etc ..... and most nights I have a piece or two of dark, dark chocolate ......

Best of luck to you !
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    pack healthy snacks or chew some gum. I keep a zip log bag in my bag with different veggies or grapes etc. And always keep a bottle of water with me wherever I go. Keeping full on water helps me a lot.
  • k_miami
    k_miami Posts: 17
    Options
    yeah that is really true and the calories and sugar add up so quick!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've been taking grapes to work. They are so sweet and delicious :)
  • dare2begin
    dare2begin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Stock up on veggies and fruits to munch on. Also before you eat drink a full glass of water first. Then if your sill needing a snack eat something healthy!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I just have a candy or two. Wont kill you. You have to have fun in life too. One small candy isn't going to completely kill your diet. I like to have one right after lunch, and then that's it. So, one a day, like a vitamin. After halloween, it goes back to normal.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I just ate lunch early 2 days in a row. It's really hard !!!
  • Shonda73
    Shonda73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum and water are your best bet! A stick of freedent gum is 10 calories so that is an easy way to get something sweet while not going overboard!