Ready to do this!!!

Options
Today is my last day at my current job! My schedule right now is up at 5 am get the kids ready and to daycare before 7:30 along with a 45 minute commute then off work at 5pm get the boys and commute back home. Get home around 6pm make dinner, eat, clean, laundry, bathe the kids, myself and bedtime at 11pm....I eat very unhealthy and get no excersise....my job is very high stress and i really feel like i just do not have the mental capacity to deal with losing weight and trying to change my lifestyle.

STarting Monday I will be at my new job: here the new schedule.

up at 4:30am get boys ready and my husband will be taking them to daycare at 5am. I have from 5am - 6:40am to workout and get ready for work....an hr workout is what im shooting for and also pack myself a healthy lunch. work from 7 AM-3:30pm. My New job is 15 minutes from my house. so then I have roughly 2 hrs after work before hubby gets home with the kids. I plan to work out for another hour, do dinner and eat by 6pm and so the regular chores but since its all getting done early we can be in bed by about 9pm!!!

Yay im so excited for this new schedule, I will finally have time to do something for myself and i am more than ready to do this!!!

Just wanted to share with you all because im soooo excited.

Add me if you would like to join me on this journey!!

Replies

• EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Don't overwhelm yourself. :) An hour per day is plenty of exercise, especially since you're active with your kids. Maybe use that hour after work to relax for a bit before the kids get home and the whirlwind begins.
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    your right! I guess i forget i have a different life now...before my kids i use to go to the gym 3 times per day! Thanks for the advice!
  • sheepiegail
    sheepiegail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    don't just write off your afternnon plans but rather think out of the box and consider some yoga. It is great for streching, strength and helps focus and relax you. It might not get you to sweat as much as a run would but the other factors make it something to consider doing. If you don't use the time for yourself what are you planning on doing???
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I agree than one hour is plenty of exercise each day! You deserve some down time, after your previously hectic crazy life! :) I'm excited for you!!
  • wisegal81
    Options
    Agreed! You should try Zumba class or buy the videos. Its a great hour of FUN cardio!
  • DoingItForME724
    Options
    don't just write off your afternnon plans but rather think out of the box and consider some yoga. It is great for streching, strength and helps focus and relax you. It might not get you to sweat as much as a run would but the other factors make it something to consider doing. If you don't use the time for yourself what are you planning on doing???

I think a good idea would be do get dinner done so we eat sooner and maybe take the boys out to the park...still excersise but as a family.

Yoga does sound great however i've never tried it....it's def on my to do list
  • DoingItForME724
    Options
    Agreed! You should try Zumba class or buy the videos. Its a great hour of FUN cardio!

I have P90X, 30 day shred, Zumba and Insanity.....and I own a treadmill...i've got my work cut out for me

No excuses this time
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    Congrats!!!! i'm here to support you if you want:smile: