What do you dislike about your gym??

Options
I've recently joined a gym and although I like the fact that it's sort of close to where I live (about 20 minutes walk away) and it's a all women's gym where I feel comfortable, I am not impressed with so many other things about it. It's one I've been to before but that was many years ago. Now, it's under new management and the people there seem so clueless and unhelpful.

The gym is pretty small with few strength training machines,
They have dainty little pink dumbbells to workout with,
A lot of machines are out of order,
The showers stink like someone's died in there,
The workers occasionally pop off to the shops leaving us waiting if we need something,
Nobody cleans the machines once they're done with them,
There sell slimming tablets!
I wasn't even shown around or anything when I joined so had to figure out everything myself,
I overheard one of the workers telling a larger girl that she shouldn't lift heavy as she'll get 'really muscly',
There's a very weird sign telling anyone who drinks water in the changing area or showers, that they'll have their membership cancelled and will be forced to leave.. I don't understand why. Maybe I'm missing something.
The gym is closed for 4 days this week

Anyone have a worse gym than mine? :(

Replies

• FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    the one and only power rack (no squat rack) sucks
  • Mro19
    Mro19 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well, this is what a male friend commented to me about a mega-gym in my area. He says that one day he walked into the men's locker room and there was human feces on the wall as if someone just smeared it on there. -_-
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    no drinking water or your membership is cancelled....? haha that's a strange one! I am stuck with a year membership to my women's only gym :( I went religiously for 3 months, and during that time I was also setting up a space in my own house to work out on the days when i couldn't make it to the gym. And since setting that up, I much prefer working out at home. I feel more comfortable there, and I can do it more often. There was just a weird vibe with my gym, I'm not even sure exactly what it was.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Um... those are more "run far, far away as fast as you can before you get a scary staph infection" signs more than "sure wish my gym were better" ones. On the plus side, the running away is good exercise!

Even the free unattended gym at my work is better than that.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    It's expensive
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    the pins (dumbbells) only go up to 75 pounds