Lost 35 pounds but haven't dropped a pants size?

Options

Replies

• kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Try on different brands.

I have a pair of 14s that are very loose and a pair of 16s that are too tight to wear. A lot depends on the brand.
  • ptbodacious
    ptbodacious Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the35 pounds! Are you trying on the same style/brand? I have lost 49 pounds and went pants shopping last week. Took 5 different styles of pants into the dressing room - all the same size - and ONE of them fit - two were too big and two were too small! So, of course, I bought the style that fit in every color they had - LOL. I also discovered that the 14W fit loosely, but the 16-not- W was tight. I understand your frustration. Hang in there!:tongue:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    NEVER GIVE UP. EVER.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Also has to do with how you have the pants position. Before I started...my 42 waist was just right when wedged under the belly, now though, I can wrap them over the belly :bigsmile:
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 35 pounds since January but I haven't changes my pants size at all. I was wearing an 18 when I started (probably should have been wearing a 20 but refused to buy one size larger, that's why I started losing weight) and I'm still an 18 today. I know I've lost inches in my hips and waist and thighs but can't seem to get into a 16. And my 18s are even loose on me. Frustrating and perplexing. What gives?!

Yes! I mean I haven't lost 35lbs like you BUT my pants are WAY TO BIG and I still can't fit into a size smaller.... it's too tight and too uncomfortable.... :( i know the feeling... keep on keeping on that's all we can do it'll happen eventually.....
  • Pimpmonkey
    Options
    I've lost just over 35 pounds since January but I haven't changes my pants size at all. I was wearing an 18 when I started (probably should have been wearing a 20 but refused to buy one size larger, that's why I started losing weight) and I'm still an 18 today. I know I've lost inches in my hips and waist and thighs but can't seem to get into a 16. And my 18s are even loose on me. Frustrating and perplexing. What gives?!

I was frustrated at first because I have the same problem. My uniform pants are falling off of me and are all bunched up around the waist when I belt them, but I still can't fit into the next size down and I have lost the same amount of weight as you. Crazy huh?

I finally just said F it. I've lost lbs and inches so whenever the pants thing comes about, it comes about. Until then I'll just be happy about my inches and pounds!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy stuff - it will change your body comp
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Oh, I have the same trouble. I think first of all it has to do with body shape. Even when I was much, much thinner, I was curvy, so wore bigger sizes than some of the straight up and down girls. I am amazed at the folks my height/weight who wear 2 sizes smaller than I do. UGH! and jealous of them too.

Someone told me one time also to be paitent and that there is a big difference from size to size the larger you are. I don't remember exactly but something like 20 pounds per size for the plus ones and 10 per size for the smaller sizes. They also explained it is like a roll of paper towels. When it's a new big rool, you can remove several sheets and it doesn't get much smaller. But a nearly empty roll shrinks a lot when you remove the same number of sheets.

HTH. Just keep on keepin' on.

Barb
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Is it a possibility of the stretch in the pants. I remember when I was in plus size, all my pants had stretch, so I was able to wear a 16 even though I really was an 18. When I lost weight, my 16s still fit normal because they weren't being stretched... just a possibility.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It's different for everybody. I lose top first, then bottom. My shirts are extremely loose and my waist has gotten a lot smaller, but my thighs have somehow refused to budge. Just be patient, and they'll eventually drop inches. I'm assuming that my thighs will start to lose more inches once I get closer to my goal. Its a pain in the butt, since my pants are way too loose on the waist, but fits right in the thighs. Perhaps you're losing more inches on other parts of your body first?
  • AZDreamgirl
    Options
    You said it yourself. You should've been in 20s, and now your 18s are getting lose. In a few more pounds/inches, you'll be in the 16s. You've lost almost two pant sizes.
    ^^^^This^^^^
  • dare2begin
    dare2begin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Brands fluctuate on sizes...I wouldn't worry to much. Just keep going...also, maybe add some strengthing and toning exercises. That might help!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Try another brand.

Also, please don't give up. Clothing size is just a fabricated number that is not based on actual measurements and varies from brand to brand. You have lost 35lbs, I bet it's noticeable.

There's a reason the size number is on the inside of your clothes. It's only meaningful to you.
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Pant sizes confuse me. I dropped two when losing 3 lbs. I don't get itttt!!!!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I lost a good 40-50 pounds when I started before needing a smaller size.
    As I have gotten smaller though 10-ish pounds and I am in another size.
    Just stick with it, you'll get there :)
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I was wearing a 26 when I got started and only because that was the largest size the local stores carried. It took losing 50 before I could drop a size. I know that's bigger than you, but like you, I should have been wearing a larger size than I was to begin with.

Hang in there. Over the last year and a half there have been times where it only took 10-15 to drop a size and still others when the scale didn't budge for months but I dropped 2 sizes.
  • VogtAndrea
    Options
    I was almost to 50 lbs. lost when I was finally able to drop a size. It's frustrating but the smaller you get, the closer the lbs are when you switch sizes.
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    Pants are a funny thing :laugh:
    I skipped right over size 16. I was an 18 forever, lost a bunch of weight, before I knew it my pants were falling off and when I tried on new ones, I was already a 14.
    Maybe the same will happen for you!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, all my 18s are swimming on me, but when I went shopping yesterday, I couldn't find anything that fit, they were either too big or too small. Very frustrating
  • GRH25
    GRH25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Oh I'm the same. I've lost 41, and my fitness level has improved so much, and I can finally SEE that I've lost weight...I think... but the pants size URGH! I'm now a very very comfortable/loose fitting 18, and before I was having to go to the size 20's +. I guess I'm just going to perserve and post a NSV when I can I'm happy in my size 16 :-) Good luck!