Biggest Loser at Work

Options
I joined the Biggest Loser "contest" at work....I figure if $270 can't motivate me....what can? The contest started the last week of September and I've lost about 6lbs so far...I'm not in the top five of % weight lost...but you know what...I don't care. This time...it's different...and I've all but forgotten about the money.

This time...I'm eating...I'm watching my caloric intake...not really counting it....just watching. If I want that second piece of lasagne...I have it....because this is about real life, right? I'm going to have times, after I've lost 100+ that I'm going to have that big ice cream, second piece of lasagna, cake. This is about a lifestyle change....not depriving myself.

So, I have a drawer full of stuff to eat...some healthy, some not. I had a chocolate tootsie roll pop today and it was totally worth the 60 calories. I don't get a chance to walk every day....but I try.

Slow and Steady wins the race...I may only lose a little (one week was .4lbs) a week...but that's ok...because it's that much less I weigh!

Replies

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I agree, slow and Steady wins the race. :happy:

This is a life long change. So indulging just a bit is fine as long as we come back on track and work our a** out the next day:wink: Good Luck !!
  • Regallily
    Regallily Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That is exactly what I've been doing. It really just feels different this time :-)
  • ksnegirl
    ksnegirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That's how I am doing it too. If I want something, I eat it. I account for the calories and move on. If I go over, I get back on track right away. It has taken me 3 months to lose 10 lbs. But I'm ok with that. Some weeks I don't have a loss at all, and then the next week, I only lose that .4. But I figure it's going in the right direction. I think that is the best strategy. Good luck and keep it up!