Grrrr. Can't fight hunger

Options
I've went over on my calories 2 days in a row, and when I say go over, I mean by 700 :O I did do exercise to make that only 200 over. But I can't seem to keep the hunger at bay, Im drinking lots of water, eating protein, fiber, eating enough,( what Im recommended to eat), exercising only moderately.

Please help?

Replies

• djgoveia
    Options
    Distract yourself for 15 minutes, brush your teeth, drink something warm like tea or chicken boullion, journal, take a walk, read a book, work on a hobby, call a friend, call a family member. According to my nutritionist that "hungry feeling" only lasts about 15 minutes and then it goes away ... Hope that helps!
  • MariaATX
    Options
    I know, it's tough.

Maybe post your food diary for other members to review for you and see if it might be your diet.
    weight training will def. increase your appetite at first (but that's a good thing).

Hang in there, as long as you are feeling good and hitting your goals within a reasonable time frame you are doing well.
    If you start to gain, I would maybe re-evaluate what you are eating (certain foods will increase overall appetite).

Good luck, you'll do great!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I have that issue especially around my woman time. Try keeping some sugar free hard candy's around.. I know for me its often more of an oral thing compared to being actually hungry. They also say that often when you feel hungry your actually thirsty. Crunching on ice cubes works, I also brush my teeth often, or grab a piece of gum.. I also just started cleaning! That's a big one lately along with doing things I haven't in a very long time. My art and jewelry.. reading too. Good luck!!
  • Lynnlin
    Lynnlin Posts: 16
    Options
    How many times are you eating a day? What helps me is eating five times a day- Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack and Dinner....I bought the kellogs fiber Antioxidants bars, I use those as my snacks....And I drink a bunch of water...

Ten minutes ago, I felt like I was dying, I was so hungry- well I ate my snack and drank a lot of water and I'm set until it's time for dinner!
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    This has been happening to me as well. I'm thinking the reason for it is: The more sugar-ish food I've been hav\ing the more I crave. I believe this is why I'm so hungry lately. I've put 10 lbs back on so TODAY is the day to keep in under control. I'm chewing gum as we speak:noway: :noway: :noway: No more calorie overages here. :drinker:
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I feel the same why. For some reason today I just dont have the will power that Ive had for the last 2 weeks..
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I can identify. I have told myself that feeling hungry between meals is a good thing. In my case it is mind over matter. But I know that does not work for everyone.

I also found things get better after the first month.

Looks like you already received some good tips! Keep on keeping on! You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I can identify. I have told myself that feeling hungry between meals is a good thing. In my case it is mind over matter. But I know that does not work for everyone.

I also found things get better after the first month.

Looks like you already received some good tips! Keep on keeping on! You can do it. :flowerforyou:

I try to tell myself that being hungry is good. It means things are going to start changing lol