Do you have friends?!

Options
I'm wondering if I'm the only person here that has no friends(in real life). :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ktrichards87
    Options
    Just add people as you talk with them, or respond to there posts. Thats what I do!
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    Sorry, should have made myself clear! I meant in real life. :)
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    I'm wondering if I'm the only person here that has no friends(in real life). :flowerforyou:

I moved to a new state and it took easily 2 years before I felt like I had any friends. It really just takes time and meeting people like yourself, i.e. if you don't drink, I wouldn't suggest a bar or club. lol
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    i have no friends in real life etiher im right there with u :flowerforyou:
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    No you're not the only one... I often wonder what's wrong with me or what am I doing wrong that causes me to remain friendless. It sucks not having a friend to go to when you need one.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    If this is truly a concern perhaps you need to get out and about. The computer is wonderful until you realize it's sucked all the reality out of your life. Besides....anything that burns calories is a good thing.

And..(don't shut down at the word church, please) I've made some of the best friends by joining a new church. We had to 'church shop' till we found a group that 'fit' but when it clicked it's been great. Loads of faith based communities out there who may appeal to those who have developed a bad taste for 'religion'.

Also volunteer...get yourself out doing ANYTHING to get away from the 'puter for a few hours a week, STRONG CAUTION: this may cause addiction.

The first step is tough, especially if you tend to be shy,:blushing: but just plaster a smile on your face and keep trying till you feel that 'tug' that says "this is what I want to be a part of". You don't HAVE to have ANY special skills, just ask to be put to work with what you can do. ( I made the mistake of saying yes to being able to weed a garden.:flowerforyou: ...LOL...:flowerforyou: .now I'm as busy as I want to be and have loads of wonderful folks who are under the delusion that I can garden....silly folks!)
    Good luck.
  • lizeth004
    Options
    Maybe you should consider joining a dancing class of your favorite type of music or anything that you like. You can meet people and get a workout :) I ve done this before and I got a chance to meet new friends.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I was blessed with a twin sister, so I have always had a best friend :) I wouldn't know what it feels like to not have a friend... do you have a boyfriend?
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Nope no friends IRL.I go to church and I talk to peole but I cannot not make friends I think its because I do not make an effort plus when the service finishes I do not wait and chart,I just get in my car and go home .You are not alone :flowerforyou:
  • MariaATX
    Options
    No worries, you'll meet friends.
    Just get yourself out there and do something you're interested in....for yourself. When you are having fun and doing something you really enjoy you will naturally attract friends.

It might take a little while but it will happen. There are alot of people in the same situation looking for friends too.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I have very few friends but my husband says I can't keep any friends because I am too out spoken but I think it is better to be real and honest than to lie just to please everyone. So always be yourself and I still believe in saying what you mean. Good luck to you!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    See you are not the only one. I know that I have friends that I emal and chat with on the phone once in a blue moon, but done that I pal around with (maybe life gets to busy at times) I know my Grandma use to say "Friendship takes lots of hard work and dedication" I think that she was right. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sugarandspice7
    Options
    Just asking the question made me feel better. I know a lot of people but do not have any real friends. Thanks!!

494788.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mhesterruns
    Options
    Well, if any of you are in Alexandria, VA l-et me know. We just moved here from Indianpolis (Go Colts) in August. and are looking for friends. It is hard to make friends. We left some great ones and now are sturggling to make new ones. We are attending a church but it a process that takes time. With kids, works, and just down time, there isn't a lot of time left to cultivate relationships...but we are humans and we need too.
  • Kittany
    Kittany Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is THANK GOD I am not the only one! (Not that it's a good thing). But now I don't feel so alone. Since I gained SO much weight I actually shut myself away from my friends. Only my family and a few close friends from childhood I allow to see me. The pictures on my facebook are all from an "above" angle. So I still look pretty. That is depressing. There are 2 big reasons for this. One being I have 3 kids. Dragging my kids everywhere is awkward for get togethers and I don't want them breaking stuff. The second being that I am more than fat. It's embarrassing for me.
  • Kittany
    Kittany Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh btw, I'm in Streamwood, Illinois. It's walking distance to Schaumburg, Hanover park, and Hoffman Estates. lol
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I have never had tons of friends. I have a few close friends but i just don't see them....but i am glad i a married to my best friend...without him i would be very lonely i think
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    No your not alone, most of my friends live in my computer (I am part of a few online communities).
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I have friends but I've also developed great friends online. Now I have been going through this phase where my "worlds are colliding" and my online friends have been meeting my IRL friends and it's.... weird.

What I've learned is that online friends are real. Period. See if you can meet some MFP people from your region for coffee? Meet once a month IRL and BAMB you have Real Life friends too!

This might sound lame, but I have some great friends because I have limited expectations. Many of my friends aren't great at keeping up relationships so I don't expect them to call or check in - I am kinda the ring leader and I'll send out an evite for an event or two and they generally seem quite pleased to get together. They just don't think to set something up themselves.

Start small and keep it simple... and remember that your MFP friends are real too :bigsmile:
  • MarshJulie1989
    Options
    I always made friends real easily in school...until about high school, where i went to three different schools in three years.
    It was terrible. I was tired of making new, fantastic connections then having to break them off.
    After that...no real friends. I always made time for boyfriends, but stopped making actual "friends".
    I"m married now, which helps with the loneliness.