Drinks Anyone?????

Options
Soooooo... I just started on here less than a week ago.... And need ideas regarding alcohol and dieting?????

Replies

• nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    stick to shot or i use vodka and diet cran juice...cant tell the diff. def no to wine! 4 glasses n u wont be able to eat all day
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If it fits within your goal, go for it.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have a drink or two in a given week. Never was a big drinker. I'm a vodka and gin drinker. Vodka gimlets or Gin n Diet Tonic. Not a lot of calories for two of these at all.
  • Ebethlonghorn
    Ebethlonghorn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am having to quit drinking :(( Found that until I reach my goal weight, I simply flop 5 lbs. back and forth.
    If you do drink, vanilla or whipped cream vodka and diet orange soda is only 64 calories :))
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    If it fits within your goal, go for it.

exactly. That's what I will be doing the minute I leave work today!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    When drink I have Michelob Ultra. Even went without for a while to see if it made any difference. None whatsoever for me. Do or dont, if it fits in my day, Im fine. Thank you Lawd!!!! Lol
  • abibt
    abibt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I keep enough calories in reserve to have a glass of red wine in the evening, or a gin and tonic :drinker: It occassionally turns into 2 but I've still lost nearly 2 stone since May, so just be moderate. I find if I make something completely off limits food wise, its hard not to feel deprived.
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Vodka & diet cranberry with a slice of lemon..but only on the weekends :drinker:
  • marthathebear
    Options
    I don't agree with the wine thing, champagne or white wine is not bad in calories and I usually only drink 2 glasses at the most. It all depends on how many calories you have left.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Light beer or white wine are my go-to drinks. I stay away from creamy paralyzers or the sugary girly drinks. I've cut back to maybe 1 or 2 every other wknd and I've noticed a change already from my 'summer booze frenzy' this year.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    If it fits into my days calories and doesn't totally mess up my macros, I have an ocassional drink.
  • Hertford86
    Hertford86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My problem is not so much the calories, but as soon as I drink all caution about food goes out the window, and i start cheerfully eating everything in sight, telling myself - Life is good! Food is good! Friends are good! Enjoy!

And this is not when I'm hammered - I'm a responsible, grown-up, straight-edge type and never never go beyond the very lightest of buzzes. But seriously, one small glass of wine, and I'll start stuffing myself with cheese and olives.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It's all about how important a particular drink is to you and just make it work. I personally hate to drink my calories, but there are times when nothing sounds as good as a margarita (on the rocks, LOTS of salt, please). So if I've got, say, a team in the world series to root on (go GIANTS!) then I'll just plan the calories into my daily plan. When it comes to alcohol, I'm a total lightweight, so I can nurse one drink for hours. Then I'll switch to sparkling water w/lime so I can still feel fancy :-). I also LOVE wine, so that's another drink I'll budget for from time to time.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you. I only drink four times a year or so, so I don't worry about limiting myself or drinking something other than my usual pints of Guinness. If I were drinking more often it might be something I'd think about more.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YEP!!! AND LOTS!!!, i drink most weekends, work my *kitten* off all week, it works for me!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    You gotta live once in awhile..even if it does fit your macros that day.. Come on.. :drinker: As long as it not nightly..like me..you will be fine.. *slurs typing*
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Wine, Beer, hard liquor, anything you want...no reason you cant have it.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Vodka & diet cranberry with a slice of lemon..but only on the weekends :drinker:

This one, but I recently found diet sierra mist with cranberry in it. :drinker:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    If for getting shmammed:
    vodka with club soda and lime - 100 cals
    super light beer (mich ultra, bud select, etc) - under 100 cals

If going for quality (like 1 with dinner):
    8oz of pinot noir - 190 cals
  • meltay67
    meltay67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My problem is not so much the calories, but as soon as I drink all caution about food goes out the window, and i start cheerfully eating everything in sight...

This is my problem EXACTLY. I usually have only one glass of wine in the evening (two max), which in and of itself isn't bad calorically. But after that one glass my will power is shot, and I'll reach for tempting/trigger foods, like sweets, nuts, cheese, chips, you name it. I've decided to give it up altogether except for special occasions.