Late night snacking conundrum

Options
Although I technically ate my late night snacks at 1am this morning, I'm not sure if i should place the calories for yesterday or today. I didn't go to bed until 3am and then slept for 6 hours. (I know none of this is healthy, had a bad day of the sort) Anyways I don't normally start counting my calories of the day until at least 8am most days, surely my body is on a routine as well. I'm mostly asking because I already ate up my calories for the day if I do put those snacks on today...

Replies

• nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I would consider a 'day' being from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed....you're body doesn't know what time it is. :)
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It doesnt matter - so long as your weekly cals add up to around your goal all is well xx
  • momof2TONI
    Options
    I would consider a 'day' being from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed....you're body doesn't know what time it is. :)

I agree!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I work nights. I count calories from noon to noon, even if I decide to sleep during the night like a normal person. I would just pick a time to switch days and be consistant.
  • Bess_74
    Bess_74 Posts: 68
    Options

This, I totally agree! what about people who work nights, going by the clock wouldn't work for them!
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    i have my days set as

00:01 - 04:00
    04:01 - 08:00
    08:01 - 12:00
    12:01 - 16:00
    16:01 - 20:00
    20:01 - 24:00

i do this to keep track of WHEN i am hungry and HOW hungry i am at that time. so if i eat something at 1 or 2 am, i log it as 1 or 2 am on the day i ate it.