Best class to take? (Ex. Zumba, Spinning, Bodypump, etc)

Options
Any suggestions on fun classes (doesn't have to be any from the ones I've listed) you've taken? Would you take it again? Did you do it alone, or with a friend? :smile:

Replies

• RosaC773
    RosaC773 Posts: 126
    Options
    Well, my favorite is Zumba because it is more fun for me.

I do enjoy piloxing and kickboxing.

I stopped kickboxing because it is a bit rough on my knee. However, piloxing is a perfect mix of pilates and kickboxing, but much easier on the joints, killer on the core.

You have to find what interests you, some people hate Zumba because they hate to dance.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I've never tried spinning but I want to! I've heard great things about it
  • DanaCait
    DanaCait Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just tried Zumba for the first time last night and absolutely loved it. I consider myself a fairly shy person and was worried about dancing in a room full of people but it was SO much fun. I'm going back tonight for more and joining the studio where I did so I can keep at it!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Bodypump if you're looking to gain tone and start lifting! Spin is good for gaining tone as well. I also really enjoy zumba and bodyflow, bodycombat is good for a cardio workout.
    Hope this helps :)
  • supercatie18
    supercatie18 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Spinning & Body Combat! I go alone or with my sis
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    The on you enjoy the most, because you will be more consistent and thus see better results
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Try em all, see what you like. :flowerforyou:

Personally love yoga and have not tried but want to: Zumba, spinning, and Pilates.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bodypump - I'd still be going if there was a class near me :(
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy zumba and yoga. The studio I do both at has yoga before zumba, so I get stretched out and relaxed and then kick it up and dance and have fun afterwards. Great workout, great for the mind and soul (and body).

Next I'm going to try Turbokick as soon as they start offering it at the studio I go to. It looks hard, but fun.

EDIT: the thing I love about zumba is you see people that are there for all different reasons and from all walks of life, and all body shapes and sizes. Everyone gets together and dances and has fun. Its' really awesome.
  • Margaret0626
    Options
    I like Zumba and Turbo Kick. I go alone but it's still way fun and the time goes by really fast!
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOVE Body Pump!! If you want to see the most results the quickest way to do it is by strength training. You will lose inches upon inches upon inches! I lost 40 lbs in 3 months by taking Body Pump 3-4x/week.
  • lniblack812
    lniblack812 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been doing RIPPED for over a year now & I *love* it!!! Burns a lot of calories & you don't have to be too coordinated to do it ;) Once I started the class, I had tons of people asking if I'd lost more weight - which I hadn't. I had just toned up a bunch!! You should check it out if there's a class in your area!
  • Kattcooper
    Options
    I'm not a good dancer, but I sooooooooo love Zumba and my step class as well.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Spin, body pump, yoga & Zumba, are my all time favorites. I used to do it alone when I had a gym membership. I no longer have a membership but it's so worth it.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I love my kickboxing class and I'd go a lot more if they offered it more often. On the other hand, I really enjoy BodyPump. I go to that class three nights a week. So much fun and I can really tell the difference it's making. My arms and legs have thinned out and would probably have some really nice definition if there wasn't still a layer of fat on them.
  • Ahaile34
    Ahaile34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba Spinning and Body pump! I like to do Zumba a couple times a week and try to spin a couple times bc if you dont stick with it you tend to get sore quick! I like body pump too just bc it is probably helping me tone a bit.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you love and makes you happy.:flowerforyou:

For me, it's spin classes. I've been doing spin for about 14 years and have developed some great muscle tone in my legs.
    I also love the ballet fusion class at my gym, weight training, yoga, and bike riding.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    How fun a class is has to do with having a good instructor and doing something you actually enjoy. So only you can answer that by trying different classes out.

I'm not a big class person but the only 2 I will bother with is Boxing (with an actually heavy bag you hit, not boring shadow boxing) or Spinning (has to be with a good instructor with good music)
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Also, I have a bunch of friends that take pole classes and love it.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba and Turbo Kick (Jam, Fire..etc).