How am I doing?

Options
Ok, the background is I have is ive tried unsuccessfully for my entire adult life to lose weight, exercise classes, fad diets, slimming pills etc and all have failed to get me to where i want to be, they either flat out failed to work or i was unable to stick to it for long enough to see any result.
This time around I decided to be 100% committed to losing weight and improving my overall health and fitness and went for an all out attack on all fronts.
I went on a low calorie diet, started walking 40 minutes twice a day, five days a week, and started taking the diet pills i had left over from a previous attempt (hoodia for appetite and a fat burner) After two weeks i have lost a total of 9lbs (7lb's since i started using MFP)

My typical daily diet sheet looks like this:

Breakfast
2x slice of toast (wholemeal) with low fat spread and peanut butter
250ml glass of pure OJ

Lunch
1x Can of Heinz Vegetable soup
1x Small Wholemeal bread roll

Dinner
1x medium baked potato
1x 5oz chicken breast (boned and skinned)
1 portion of frozen mixed vegetables
chicken gravy

Snack
Low fat crisps
one portion of fruit
Low calorie hot choc drink

I started walking twice a day 40 minutes 5 days a week but i now jog 30 minutes 6 days a week once i cut enough weight i intend to begin to add more protein and calories and start to train alternating weight and CV routines. Please dont rag me too bad i know that this diet and 4lb p/w weightloss isnt sustainable indefinitely but it was important to me to see it working and lose quickly the extra weight i had gained over christmas.
All things being square though, i dont feel as though im starving and i actually feel as though i have more energy and less lethargic and bloated so it cant be too bad can it?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that i almost always drink around 2litres of water every day and take a multi vitamin supplement to try and make up a little of what i might be lacking in my diet.

Replies

• kdc210
    kdc210 Posts: 2
    Options
    You're doing a great job! One thing to look at, may not be eating enough protein. My suggestion would be to increase your protein intake because other than the chicken at dinner, you're really not getting any other major source of protein.. This will not only help you lose weight, but it'll also help in building muscle mass is you continue to work out. You may also consider adding some light weight training to your workout; a pound of muscle burns between 30-50 calories more a fat than a pound of fat (and that's not including the calories you burn when working out!)

Hope this helps!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I EAT more than you do!!!!!!!!
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You need more protein!!!! Lean chicken breast, lean fish (red snapper, tilapia, white tuna, shark, mahi-mahi); eat small portions of salmon, LIGHT tuna, catfish. Red meat in very moderate portions.

Since you have increased your workouts, you need protein to help your muscles recover. Protein will also help you feel full; just make sure you drink water as too much protein can stop you up....ahem, if you know what I mean :)
  • augustbells
    Options
    You're doing great so far! I definitely agree with adding more protein...I added more to my diet and I can't believe how much faster the weight's been coming off.
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The nutrition thing on my food entry page says im just over my daily protein allowance with that menu ?theres quite a bit of protein in peanut butter and obviously in chicken. Trust me, I would have no problem eating more though LOL I'll double check to make sure im not doing something wrong,