Vegan recipies

Options
Does anyone have any good low-cal vegan recipies?

Replies

• rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I posted this 2 days ago. It is sooo flavorful!

Hi I cooked this last night for dinner and I had to share. I made tofu satay but any meat would do nicely. The flavors were out of this world GOOD and so easy to make too! I found this recipe on tastespotting.com

Marinade

1/2 small onion
    2 cloves garlic
    2 cm ginger
    2 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon soy sauce or fish sauce
    1 tsp coriander
    1 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp tumeric

Peanut Dipping Sauce

3/4 cup coconut milk (light if you wanted to cut cals)
    4 tablespoons peanut butter
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon soy sauce or fish sauce
    1/2 tsp coriander
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1-2 red chilis or a pinch of cayanne

* Put marinade ingredients in blender and puree. Cover long strips of meat and marinate overnight. If making tofu marinate for 2 hours.

In a skillet or on grill cook tofu until browned. For meat skewer and cook until done. While meat is cooking combine sauce ingredients into saucepan and heat until the peanut butter is completely melted and thouroughly mixed.

The nutritional information will vary with this recipe depending on what kind of meat you cook.

The sauce made with lite coconut milk for 2 tablespoons is 61cal, 5.2 gram fat, 2.7 carb
  • diegelmansm
    Options
    That sounds so good Rach! Thanks!
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my fave vegan recipes:

1. Quinoa With Chickpeas
    Serves 8

Ingredients
    2 cups quinoa
    4 cups vegetable stock
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 cup canned chick-peas
    1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped

Directions
    1. Cook quinoa according to package directions using vegetable stock in place of water and adding olive oil.
    2. Once cooked, fluff with fork and toss with chickpeas and parsley.

I got this recipe off Recipezaar and it's in the database under Catherine's Homemade - Recipezaar - Quinoa With Chickpeas. Each serving comes in at 225 cals.

2. Mexican-Style Chickpeas
    Serves 2

Ingredients
    1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
    1 large tomato, chopped
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder

Directions
    1. Saute all ingredients in a large frying pan over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
    2. Add a little water if necessary, to prevent sticking. Serve over rice or cous cous.

I got this recipe off Recipezaar and it's in the database under Catherine's Homemade - Recipezaar - Mexican-Style Chickpeas. Each serving comes in at 250 cals. The rice/cous cous isn't added to that calculation.