How do you flavor your popcorn?

Options
2»

Replies

• volks80
    volks80 Posts: 56
    Options
    Cinnamon really?? I love cinnamon so I will have to try that....just ground cinnamon or maybe mix it with splenda/sugar??

I have heard of using cayenne pepper.
  • krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    cayenne pepper or chili powder. Use in moderation tho, only takes a little to make it really spicy
  • volks80
    volks80 Posts: 56
    Options
    How did you end up liking it Kristen?
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    thanks for the suggestion - I did cinnamon and Truvia. Satisfies the sweet and crunchy craving!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    we have a sprayer with vinegar and lightly coat our popcorn that way - I like mine spicy, so I'll use cayenne pepper, or just black pepper.
  • jyt2573
    jyt2573 Posts: 80
    Options
    I know this sounds weird, but on a lot of other posts people have suggested using butter flavored cooking spray. Has anyone tried this? I haven't.

I have tried a bunch of butter sprays out there specifically for air-popped popcorn and the two best I have found are the Kernal Seasonings (the same company that makes the shakers) and the Crisco Butter spray. I had to try a bunch of them to find one that didn't have an alcohol taste and the Crisco is my favorite so far.
  • LisaNBorchers
    Options
    I make sure to measure it out, but I still use butter. I do however make a very small batch so I am not tempted to eat 8 cups of it:blushing:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    We do air popped popcorn nearly every night, and have found a great solution to making your seasoning stick...
    spray it with spray canola or spray olive oil (I get mine at Trader Joe's). It's zero calories, and it helps your salt stick to the popcorn.

Please be aware that nonstick spray is still OIL and is, therefore, not 0 calories. I know, the nutrition information says it's 0 calories, but it also says the serving size is like 1/3 of a second spray. You're spraying your popcorn and your pans a lot longer than 1/3 of a second, I'll bet. A tablespoon of olive oil is 120 calories regardless of whether I sprayed it out of that can or poured it out of a bottle. The can isn't some magical calorie eliminating device. :tongue: It just gets you a more even coating which then allows you to use less oil. But, if the ingredients say it contains any kind of oil, it's not 0 calories (and it's also not 0g fat).
  • abredbenner
    Options
    I thought this was gross when someone told me about it, but CINNAMON is great on popcorn!!
  • abredbenner
    Options
    I tried and loved the cinnamon! thanks
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    Just salt for me :)
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Molly McButter is a butter seasoning and I love it! I put it on my air popped popcorn all the time!!
  • denny4
    denny4 Posts: 11
    Options
    Dry Ranch dressing mix is great. I also have used the seasonings by the popcorn, but found a more seasonings in the produce section at Walmart by the potatoes. They have Sour Cream and Onion and several other flavors I can't think of off the top of my head. Just found those earlier this week. Love the sour cream & onion.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tamarads
    Options
    Splenda... gives you that sweet and salty taste!