Changing my goals!

Options
Orginally I set my goal to loose 57 lbs and weigh 165 lbs. But I have been doing so good I want to challenge myself more. I reset my goal to loose 76 lbs! I want to weigh 147.

Looking back on my pictures of when I was my smallest at 165, I look great but I still have a little tummy I don't like. I want to be at the point where the extra pouch is gone and I can look in the mirror and know I am in the best shape of my life and the extra fat is gone. I also want to be well within my health weight range.

Wish me luck! I am 8 lbs away from my new halfway point and am looking forward to getting back to the halfway mark again. My goal is to loose those 8 lbs by Valentines Day. :) I know I can do it!

HERE I GO!!

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I hear you with the changing goals! I did the same thing. :smile: When I started here at MFP, I NEVER thought it WOULD work, figured it'd be just like "all the others"! :grumble: But, after awhile of being pleasantly surprised that the weight WAS coming off, I realized that maybe, just maybe, I COULD actually lose all the weight that I wanted to! :happy: So, I lowered my goal weight, and before I knew it, I was there! :bigsmile: (I wanted to lose a few more, just to have alittle leeway, but, for more than a year now, I've mostly just been juggling the same 5 pounds, back and forth!) :grumble: :laugh:
    Anyway though, congratulations on the great job you're doing! :flowerforyou: With MFP, you CAN lose ALL the weight that you want to! :drinker:
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I did the same thing! My first goal was to get to 165. I am at 168 right now so I decided since I am doing so well and I still have some toning to do I changed my goal to 155. Its always good to take a look at your goals and tweak the from time to time. Good Luck to you.
  • THuffers
    Options
    Whoot! Go Leigh! You are my role model. :-D
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Didja hit that halfway mark, OP?

I adjusted down 10 more pounds below my goal too. Didn't come off as easily, and I have to fight that last five up and down, up and down, but I've basically maintained pretty well other than one ten pound gain when I got over-confident in the fall of 2008.

It is a lot easier than you think it will be if you just follow the program! And make some friends here along the way. That was key for me, finding some people I could be in contact with and relate to on an ongoing basis for years now.