STUCK!

Options
Been stuck at the same weight for a couple of weeks now, i was losing a steady 2lbs per week for the first 6-7 weeks. Do I just need to change up my work out routine? Intake more calories? Any advice would help.

Started at 192 - 8 weeks ago
Current weight - 176
Goal weight - 135-140

Replies

• woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump, help please!
  • QuietLegs
    Options
    It might be time to re-evaluate your calorie needs based on your new weight.

Also, the pounds drop faster at the start, and slower as you reach your goal. Don't let that discourage you too much.

If you want better advice, provide more information. How tall are you? What's your caloric intake look like? What are your macros? Getting enough protein? What kind of workouts do you do? Mostly cardio, or are you strength training as well? Strength training to maintain muscle, or to gain? How often do you workout? Are you calculating caloric intake based on BMR multiplier, or adding in each workout as per Myfitnesspal's system?

Do you honestly and accurate count your calories every day? Are your estimations possibly off?

The details matter, and they're what'll determine your success. Best of luck, man!
  • luvsAR12
    Options
    What about trying some calorie cycling? I don't know how many calories you need per day but sometimes changing it up helps your body get through a plateau. Like 1400 one day, 1700 the next, etc....also maybe adding some strength training if your not already doing that. The more muscle you get in your body the more you will burn! Good luck!
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4 and I walk everyday, atleast 2 miles, most of the time,more. I try and go to the gym atleast 3x a week. I mostly do cardio. Treadmill, eliptical, stationary bike. I stay there for 30-40 minutes.

Only strength training I do is when I pop in the occasional jillian michaels dvd. Dont know what else I could or should do. I almost never reach my 1200 calorie goal, always under. I calculate everything accurately food wise. Ive just been using MFPS exercse calculations, dont know how accurate that is tho.

Potein, I usually have plenty at lunch time (i eat lean cuisines or smart choice dinners alot) and at dinner, its usually tilapia, or something with protein in it. I should eat more fruits and veggies, I know that. And i usually dont eat junk food, or eat a lot of carbs. Just kinda stuck. and its becoming very frustrating.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You might actually need to eat more.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Trying different foods or eating at your TDEE for a week or so could make a difference. Keep going, you'll get there!