bootcamp

Options
how do u guys track boot camp ??

Replies

• csm1021
    csm1021 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I track my calories by wearing a heart rate monitor (Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor). My bootcamp classes are never the same. Some are more cardio then others so this is the best way to somewhat accurately track calories burned.
  • dayaisy
    dayaisy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thanks...
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    When I did bootcamp I researched several different ones on the net to see how many calories they burned. Averaged them all together and came up with 388 cal for 60 min. Looking back I know I burned more than that per class!

Heart rate monitor is best but an average probably isn't too bad either if you don't have a HRM.
  • dayaisy
    Options
    thanks I don't have one so, that is a good idea... I know my step class is over 500 and boot camp is much harder using weights and the reps so, I wasn't sure
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I put it in a circuit training, but now that i have a calorie monitor, I see that I only burn about 1/2 of what MFP said I was... FYI. so dont eat back all your exercise cals ;)

When we do lots of running its between 400 and 450 and hour, more weights and core = 300 - 350... by my arm band.
  • dayaisy
    Options
    thank you... that is helpful....yes I thought it seemed a bit high...