How do you stay consistent?

Options
2»

Replies

• goffley3
    goffley3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I find that easiest way for me to stay consistent is to make sure that my meals consistent. It can suck eating the same thing everyday but for me the trade off is being healthier and losing weight, that's worth repeating meals to me. I plan my entire week out for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. And to keep myself sane I make dinner my toss up, just as long as its healthy.
  • GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It can get a little boring, but the upside is I know exactly what I can have every day. I rotate between the four meats (beef, pork, chicken, fish), four sides (rice, potatoes (scalloped and mashed), beans), and four veggies (peas, corn, green beans, carrots). Very occasionally I'll mix things up and have spaghetti or mac and cheese or grilled cheese and tomato soup... those kinds of things, but only on the average of once a week. The other meals are the same way. I pre-log every morning adjusting in the evening if I want a different snack than what I'd put down.

I also zig-zag my calories so meals are planned in accordance with how many I'm allowed on any given day. Tuesdays and Fridays are my low days 1065, 1198; Wednesdays and Saturdays are my high days 1597, 1464... that makes a difference on how I eat, but still basically the same things.

For consistency, I'm a hearty believer in pre-planning/pre-logging.
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    this is probably going to sound repetative but it seems like a lot of us do the same sort of thing - for me breakfast is always the same - a protien shake - lunch is usually the same, yoghurt, cheese, fruit - and either meatballs or leftover meat & veg from the night before. Dinner is the variable - whatever I either a) am in the mood for or b) what I have time to make between life & gym. Monday dinner is the only difference - I have another protein shake and sometimes a snack (which I dont usually have) because I have a class on Monday nights and dont have a lot of time between work & school - so I bring it with me to work and just grab some milk to mix it with on my way to class. Beats drive thru!

I have a lot of food issues so my menu doesnt vary too much but since I've started on MFP I have been adding a lot of new things to my menu (mostly veggies) it's been interesting finding new recipies - the hardest part is finding good low - sodium recipies - I've noticed that a lot of so called Low-Sodium recipies are still way high as far as Im concerned but I'm getting much better at adapting them to lower it even further.

Consistency is what you make of it - if over/under but staying under average for the week works for you then go for it - if planning to the nth degree works for you then go with that - it's your path to walk - walk it how you want - Luck & Love