WHAT TO EAT?!!

Options
Hi! I'm trying to change my eating habits all together to conform to this 1200 calories a day. It is hard when you don't know what food or snacks to eat. I found this meal schedule and thought it seemed pretty filling. I will try to follow this and mix it up a bit here and there...just wanted to share in case anyone else is wondering~WHAT TO EAT?!

Breakfast

1 whole wheat English muffin

1 tablespoon peanut butter

½ banana

Mid-morning Snack

20 almonds

1 apple

Lunch

2 slices low-calorie whole wheat bread

2 oz. low-sodium turkey breast

1 oz. cheese

1 tablespoon mustard

Lettuce

Tomato

1 orange

Mid-afternoon Snack

8 oz. low-fat yogurt

Dinner

3 oz. grilled, baked or broiled chicken breast (skinless)

1 cup cooked broccoli (or vegetable of choice)

2/3 c. brown rice

Evening Snack

1 cup 1% milk

2 low-fat fig cookies

Replies

• hglewis
    hglewis Posts: 11
    Options
    This is pretty much what I adhere to except for the late night snack I have 1 cup of 1% cottage cheese and a tablespoon of almond butter.
  • Choconut
    Options
    How's it working for you? Almond butter sounds yummy...never had it.
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Almond butter is super yummy, though a little pricey! I've bought it before in a store that grinds it there, just plain sliced almonds.

I have trouble leaving it alone though.:embarassed:
  • hglewis
    Options
    How's it working for you? Almond butter sounds yummy...never had it.

Somehow I missed following up on this post. Almond butter is great albeit a little pricey. If you find a sale it is wise to stock up. As for the diet I have been using since Jan.1, I am down to 199 (goal was 200) and my body fat percentage has dropped from about 20% (guesstimate as I only bought my fat calipers last week) to 13% so I guess it is working. Good luck.