when do you count your water?

Options
:drinker:
When I cook tomato soup and use 1 cup of water to make it, do I count that 1 cup of water into my water count for the day?
Do you count it in things like Special K protein mixes?
What about Crystal lite or black coffee?

Or do you only count plain water & non-caffine drinks (decafe coffee)?

I don't think I am counting my water right & I think that is one of the reasons why I am spending most of my time in the bathroom. Please help me be able to spend more time with my boyfriend and family and less time in the bathroom. I don know that caffee is a BIG no-no. That will make you have to go a lot.:blushing :

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Personally, I only count what I drink out of my 30 oz mug. I fill it 3-4 times each day. Except today. Today I just feel blech.
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    I only count when I drink straight water. I don't count any other drink, caffeinated or not.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I only count water I actually drink, not what I use in a recipe. I used to do WW and they allow you to count all liquids, so sometimes I'll count the milk in my cereal or when I add it to a smoothie, but I generally get enough plain water in. Sometimes just to mix it up, I'll make a pitcher of Crystal Light and count it as my water since it basically just flavors up the water.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I count only plain water. Water and 2% milk is about all I drink.
    :drinker:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I dont count water in foods, just water that I actually drink. and I do count water that I add drink mix (K20/crystal light) to/
  • csrt80
    csrt80 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you so much for the help girls! I reuse a 1 Liter pepsi bottle for my water. No only do i reuse before bring it back but I only have to fill it twice. There are 4 glasses of water in it, therefore I get my 8 glasses a day. And im the type of person who if I don't have a bottled water on hand I won't drink any water all day. So I think I will stick to counting my plain water for now from the sounds of things. Keep up the good work. By the looks of things you girls are doing really good! :happy:
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    Dr. Oz a couple weeks ago was saying that people have to take into account the water in food to make your 8 glasses of water a day. but thats not taking into account for the amount of exercise we do. just count what you drink as plain water.:drinker:
  • augustbells
    Options
    I count only the water in my glass, plus teas and juices. I consider the water in other thing just a bonus! Lol.
  • erinbears
    Options
    I only count water I drink. I must say, however, that spending time with loved ones and enjoying life is more important that counting glasses of water and running to the restroom. Your state of mind is much more important to your success in losing weight than the number of glasses of water taken each day.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I count all fluids I drink - which is water, decaf tea, Fuze, Sobe Lean, sports drinks, and protein shakes.

For things like soup and popsicles, I note them but figure they are a bonus and make up for any inaccuracies in my counting. I'd only count them if I was doing a lot of them in a day.