Newbie - chocolate fiend!

Options
what can i eat to break my chocolate/sweet tooth so that i can gradually wean myself off without adding calories

Replies

• evilras
    evilras Posts: 42
    Options
    What i did was have 3 cadbury's miniature heroes.. once i saw that was 153 calories, and it would take 15 mins on the rowing machine to burn off, i stopped eating chocolate!!

Now i haven't eaten any sweets or chocolate for 2 weeks!
  • rrlucero
    Options
    I need a chocolate fix maybe every month or so. I found a good chocolate treat are Ghirardelli - 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips. Serving size is 16 chips. I just put them in a small bowl and munch one at a time. Low in calories/fat/sugar and a it supresses my urge to buy a Snickers bar! The darker the chocolate the healthier it is for you.

80 calories for 16 chips
    8g carbs
    6g fat
    1g protein
    6g sugar
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    what can i eat to break my chocolate/sweet tooth so that i can gradually wean myself off without adding calories

Fiber One chocolate and oats bars, Nabisco 100 calorie chocolate covered pretzels, a few pieces of dark chocolate, things like that. Just make sure you have enough numbers for em! :wink: :smile:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I don't care to kick the chocolate habit myself, I have just switched to dark chocolate to get the healthy antioxidants. I eat Trader Joe's Nibs. 1 is very chocolatey and is only1 calorie.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    what I did was buy a small tin of little bon bons. Hershey;s makes them and they were delish, but portion controlled.

The deal was if I ate my 1200 cals for the day, I was allowed 1 at bedtime and when gone, no more!

It worked for me!!

oh and Welcome aboard!! :flowerforyou:
  • polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I keep a box of Godiva chocolates on my nightstand. When I go to bed at night, (i am ritualistic) I get under the covers, and grab my box. I painstakingly pick one piece, and savor it. it works for me.
  • mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    Options

Hi my name is Mica and I am a (former-ish) chocoholic. :] I am a huggggge chocolate fiend as well! It doesn't matter what form it comes in, plain, with nuts or nougat, cracker form, cookies! I love it all. Or I will at least try it all.

I didn't lose the weight and I haven't kept it off by eating alllll of the chocolate I want though. I have recently found and fallen in <3 with Smart One's Sundae's (they're soo delish and 170 calories each). I also love all of the Weight Watchers ice-creams you can buy at most grocery stores. The Giant Chocolate bar is 100 calories. The chocolate ice-cream sandwich is the best at satisfying both my chocolate and ice-cream cravings. :]
  • cincykid
    cincykid Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I find that I like Dove's Dark Chocolate Promises. I eat one or two promises per evening if needed :). Five pieces are 210 calories and I don't want that. So I figure I can have one for 42 calories. They also have milk chocolate too.

I also find that I love the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches... the "wheels" are chocolate.