Anyone know of UK Races where you get prizes/tshirt etc?!

Options
pyrowill
pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
Hi Guys,

i've never competed in anything in my life pretty much, apart from maybe cross country runs at school. But I've signed up to the Survival of the Fittest at Battersea power station 10k. And I get a tshirt and a medal regardless of where I finish. I got so excited by this prospect, having never got a medal in my life etc.

So i'd love to look into more races that you also end up with anything for completing it, be it a headband, tshirt, medal whatever, something I can just look at afterwards and reminisce. I know thats not what its all about at all, but still. Anyone know of any races in the UK, 5/10k sorta length, where you get a little something for taking part?

Can't wait for my rubbish little medal in November!

Replies

• dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    mo running. if you're quick, you might still get in for greenwich or milton keynes. Its a great event, much fun. Moustache is standard dress code
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Bideford 10K - Next one is 12th May 2013. They also do a half-marathon which has some hills (the 10k is a flat course).

I did it a few years ago. Still occasionally workout in my T-Shirt that I won!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Mo running could be cool!
  • Tanyaclare
    Tanyaclare Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am doing that race, really nervous, never done anything like that before

good luck my wave goes at 11.45 what about you?
  • Cool_beanz
    Cool_beanz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi There
    There are tonnes of UK races where you can get medals, Tshirts or both! Best way to find them is to register with Runner's World website (it's free). Once you have signed up you can use their event finder to see where your local races are; you can search by race distance, location, month etc etc. As well as showing you details about how flat/hilly the route it is also tells you what you get when you cross the finishing line so can always be guaranteed something shiny!!
    Good luck.