transitioning back to regular food

Options
I am coming to the end of a 7 day diet/cleanse. I've lost 6 pounds so far of water and misc weight. This cleanse is grain free, and i have to say WOW do I sure miss bread. Anyways, I'm concerned that on Monday I'm going to go crazy stuffing my face and negate all the good this cleanse did. To give you a hint on where my brain is, when I was packing my kid's lunch yesterday I stuck my face in the bread bag and huffed, like it was paint thinner or something.
Any hints about how to start eating normally again without going crazy and shoving bread and cookies and granola in my face like some kind of human Cookie Monster?
Thanks!

Also, I know some people don't like the idea of 7 day cleanses or whatever. Please keep any negativity to yourselves :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6 pounds so far of water and misc weight.

What is misc weight?

as for the rest of it, its just goign to take willpower to stick to the good stuff and keep away from the cookies!
  • hitstuff
    hitstuff Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well, congrats on keeping it up for the 7 days for one thing. You're a stronger woman than I!! lol If you had the resolve to get this far, you just can't let Monday be your downfall. Just stay within your calorie range, and maybe let Monday be a little heavier in those avoided items than normal to help scratch your grain itch. Then back to business as usual.......(and lots of tea and gum at hand...lol Those help me when I'm inclined to grab the bad stuff.)
  • tattoogrrl28
    Options
    [/quote]

What is misc weight?

as for the rest of it, its just goign to take willpower to stick to the good stuff and keep away from the cookies!
    [/quote]

ii like to think that not all of the 6 pound loss was water. So The miscellaneous weight loss might have been fat :)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I would suggest prearing your meals and snacks in advance for at least a week and sticking to it. Also, carry something like Extra Dessert Delights gum to chew on when you want to vary from your prepared meals and snacks. I always have at least three different kinds in my purse! Whatever you choose to do - you CAN do it
  • halffullpgh
    halffullpgh Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    As a fellow bread lover, I totally understand the crave. I have been eating 12 grain bread which I notice keeps me fuller longer and is much better for you than the (delicious) white stuff. As for snacky things, pasta and breakfast items - I sometimes buy gluten free. I am by no means on a gluten free diet but it satisfies the cravings but is often rice based which is a lot less heavy. Unfortunately I have not found any gluten free bread that I care for.

Good luck and great job!
  • tattoogrrl28
    Options
    I also always have gum in my purse. It's a running joke with my family and friends lol

my husband is on a gluten free diet but I haven't found anything that matches the deliciousness of real bread.

that's a great idea, preplanning my meals I'm going to do that. it's already getting hard, surrounded by halloween candy. My sweet tooth is vicious. The other night I had a dream about an apple fritter. :(
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    This is the problems with "cleanses". You lost water weight. Water weight fluctuations are not permanent and are meaningless.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You're totally going to gain all six of those pounds back. I'm sorry you went without bread for nothing.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm just um....use the mighty power of your will to avoid a binge, and uh...yeah i guess that's it.
    bread aint gonna kill ya, sooooo make it fit within your allowance, and enjoy it. (psssst, same with cookies)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to not cleanse in the first place and then expect to keep the weight off once you return to "normal".

But that's just me.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    ERMAGERHD, 7 DAY CLEANSES = BAAAAAAAAAAAD! But I mean this in a positive way. :drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Some of you people are so rude...

...and mean...

...but mostly just rude.

Maybe if people weren't so rude and mean, then these seven day cleanses would be a good idea...

ETA: But what do I know? I've 99% "cleansed" my diet of wheat, vegetable/canola oils, etc. for the past year.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Some of you people are so rude...

...and mean...

...but mostly just rude.

Maybe if people weren't so rude and mean, then these seven day cleanses would be a good idea...

Maybe, wait let me think about it for a minute.....

ummmmm.....
    nope, they'd still be a bad idea....
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Honest advice: Don't do cleanses.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Don't go crazy and binge on all the foods once you get off your cleanse or you (and your digestive system) will regret it. Whatever it is you've eliminated, gradually reintroduce it. If you haven't been eating a lot, don't gorge yourself.

I don't think cleanses are necessary but I don't think it's really going to hurt you either.
  • oregongma
    Options
    I don't believe in any kind of "Cleansing" diet. Just for that reason. You don't eat the kinds of foods that you would in a "normal" day. So what if you lose a bunch of weight, after the "cleanse" is over you have to go back to eating "normal" foods, and if you aren't careful, gain weight back again.
    Why not just cut back on the foods you thought you had to leave out in the Cleanse?

Everything in moderation works very well.

I'm not being rude here, just being "matter of fact".
  • saudade108
    Options
    Cleanses are not BAD, many of them serve a great purpose of ridding the body of toxins, cleaning your colon etc...however I agree that if your reason is to lose weight, it will only be temporary weight loss.

But I just had to add my 2 cents that I don't think it's fair to say that cleanses are BAD. They are just bad when done for the sake of weight loss and not they're true intended purpose.
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Never done a cleanse but I agree with the idea to portion everything out. When you eat don't set serving dishes out, put proper portion sizes on your plate and then sit down to eat your meal. If you're still unsatisfied wait half an hour before getting anything else to eat. Good luck, I hope the weight remains off.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are not BAD, many of them serve a great purpose of ridding the body of toxins, cleaning your colon etc...however I agree that if your reason is to lose weight, it will only be temporary weight loss.

But I just had to add my 2 cents that I don't think it's fair to say that cleanses are BAD. They are just bad when done for the sake of weight loss and not they're true intended purpose.

What toxins do you have in your body that your kidneys, liver, and colon aren't ridding you of already? And really if you feel like your colon needs a cleanse, have some Taco Bell, because physiologically your colon kind of cleans itself..