Looking for the support that I didn't have before.

Hey guys,

I'm not usually one to ask for help, but this time around, I feel that I need to.

I'm 22 years old, and I'm going to school full time, as well as working full time. My heaviest, was 350 lbs back in high school, and with the help and support of some very close friends, I got down to 240. It felt great, but then my gym closed and one by one my support went away. After that, trying to do it on my own proved difficult, as I am now back at 280. Now with my hectic schedule, it seems more difficult than ever. I am realizing that I can't do it without the support.

My overall goal is 200, but I just want to focus on being healthier today than I was yesterday, and being healthier tomorrow than I am today. So I am asking for the help and support from you all. I need the encouragement when I succeed, and I need the reality when I slack. But most of all, I just need the community. So please feel free to add me as a friend, even if you aren't one to say a whole lot, because I would love to encourage you as well.

Thank you, and I look forward to joining you all in a healthy lifestyle.

Chris

Replies

• Hey man! I can really relate to your situation. I've been out of school for about 18 months now after a grueling 5 years. At my heaviest I was about 325 lbs but managed to hit 240 lbs after my final year. After moving to a new area for work and other changes I fell into the trap and hit 285 lbs just a few months ago. Getting back on the grind now and looking for some people to talk with so add me bud!
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I can be some support too. I am a daily user and have lost 37 pounds in 14 months. I like to comment on food posts and stuff, so please add me if you like =)
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    You managed to knock off over 100 lbs!!! That's fabulous. You know what to do. . . and you're motivated to do it. I was once (many moons ago) a full time student and employee. . .it's hard, but you'll make it.

Wishing you the best!!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    You can do it! I did it at the age of 38 while working full time, with a kid, commuting 3 hrs per day, studying for the CFA exam.....I KNOW you can do it!

Add me if you like....
  • emilysmellz
    emilysmellz Posts: 85 Member
    just starting out my first year, and it's already difficult.
    i feel ya.
    definitely needing support as well!
    feel free to add me!