She just ERKS me!

Options
gddrdld
gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
Ever meet someone and they just rub you the wrong way the minute you lay eyes on them or hear them speak? This happens to me from time to time and I think it's because I have a sort of sixth sense about people. I can tell pretty quickly if someone is genuine or not.

I sometimes think, well maybe if I get to know them a little bit more, my feelings towards them will change, but they almost never do.

There are a couple of people from work that are coming to mind right now...

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    My dad is really good at instantly picking up on people.
  • BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This is something I need to listen to more often. I also have a pretty good sense of people right off the bat, but I talk myself into not listening to myself. It's a bad habbit I'm trying to break.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    High maintenance Barbie doll types do that for me...

They immediately go from "would fly across the country" to "with a shovel" on the WYHI scale when they act like that.
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Might be a past life experience : )
  • gddrdld
    Options

They immediately go from "would fly across the country" to "with a shovel" on the WYHI scale when they act like that.

What is WYHI scale?
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    20050308urkel.jpg

Did she just Erkel you?
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

What is WYHI scale?

Would you hit it.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    there are some regional US accents i just can't stomach. they sound like nails on a chalkboard to me. even if the person was otherwise awesome in every other way, the accent would still drive me crazy.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I am irked by certain things. Nothing comes to mind right now but I know when it happens I go nuts and get kinda mean.
  • gddrdld
    Options
    there are some regional US accents i just can't stomach. they sound like nails on a chalkboard to me. even if the person was otherwise awesome in every other way, the accent would still drive me crazy.

I have this same problem. I feel bad about feeling that way sometimes, but I get really annoyed by certain accents as well.
  • gddrdld
    Options
    I am irked by certain things. Nothing comes to mind right now but I know when it happens I go nuts and get kinda mean.

Oh crap, I just realised I spelled "irks" wrong. Not a word I write often...