to Tattoo, or not Tattoo...that is the question

Options
13»

Replies

• citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I think you should pick something that reflects who you are. I have a daisy which is my fav flower on my thigh and it also covers a scar from when I was a kid. I have a celtic cross between my shoulder blades cause I'm Irish and proud of it. I have my provinces flag on my lower back and I have the moon, heart, star, & clover on my lower leg just because I liked it.
  • citygirl04
    Options
    99% of all tattoos will look like sh#t when you're old, wrinkled and sagging.

So you may as well have fun with it now. :D
  • APBTChampion
    APBTChampion Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When it comes to tattooing, the answer is always a resounding: YES.

Let the craving for another tattoo begin... (oh wait, I was already suffering)!
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain i'm going to have the body i always wanted by next summer. I have only about 15-20 lbs to go to reach my goal. I made a promise to myself that once i did that, i would get some nice tats. Now i'm kind of rethinking that cuz everyone has them and its kind of chiche?

I wanted to get some sort of asian looking tree branches that go up my side, back and chest.

Thoughts?
    Without reading the others, best advice: if you are not sure dont do it, period.
    I hesitated on some designs that I liked so I didnt got them tat.... those I was 100% ... I did.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Considering i'm marrying a tattoo artist, I can't say I think they're 'cliche'. What's cliche is if you bring in a picture of something that you found online that EVERYONE HAS, and have them do that EXACT tattoo.

I mean, saying tattoos are cliche these days is about the same as saying wearing clothes are cliche. Everyone's doing it!

Go to an artist that has their own flair, and is able to give you that sort of individuality you're looking for. :)

Also, trust me .. make sure you're going to get something that you do WANT, not just because you think it'll look cool.

My whole side is tattooed, and has some of the most cliche things you could imagine; cherry blossoms, music notes, lotus flowers, and script. But hell, it's my side, and I WANTED it.

first of all, no, everyone is not "doing it".

but, i agree with what you're saying. tattoos go back. wayyyy back. they've been apart of cultures for thousands of years. if you have somethingthat is very well thought out and meaningful to you and take it as a very personal experience that you have decided upon for yourself with much consideration, then go for it.

i am very capable of looking at a tattoo as a piece of art. but a lot goes into being able to call a tattoo that. and unfortunately, i'd say a good 90% of tattoos out there are just sh*tty decisions and mistakes.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I think that Tattoos are very Sexy! As long as you get something that you like and are happy with it, who cares about anything else?
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain i'm going to have the body i always wanted by next summer. I have only about 15-20 lbs to go to reach my goal. I made a promise to myself that once i did that, i would get some nice tats. Now i'm kind of rethinking that cuz everyone has them and its kind of chiche?

I wanted to get some sort of asian looking tree branches that go up my side, back and chest.

Thoughts?

I try to do what most people aren't doing so no tattoos here. My vote is no, with everyone getting them you stand out more without one. :smile:
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

but, i agree with what you're saying. tattoos go back. wayyyy back. they've been apart of cultures for thousands of years. if you have someone that is very well thought out and meaningful to you and take it as a very personal experience that you have decided upon for yourself with much consideration, then go for it.

i am very capable of looking at a tattoo as a piece of art. but a lot goes into being able to call a tattoo that. and unfortunately, i'd say a good 90% of tattoos out there are just sh*tty decisions and mistakes.
    [/quote]

This^^^
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Boss! Dee plane! Dee plane!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You should definitely get something if it has meaning to you. I normally tell my friends if you are not Asian, don't get an Asian tattoo. It normally looks really cliche or out of place, IMO. You should get something to represent your own heritage or something to represent you reaching your goal, the people you love (portrait) or an original tribal. Congrats on reaching your goals!
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options

but, i agree with what you're saying. tattoos go back. wayyyy back. they've been apart of cultures for thousands of years. if you have someone that is very well thought out and meaningful to you and take it as a very personal experience that you have decided upon for yourself with much consideration, then go for it.

[/quote]

This^^^
    [/quote]
    Definitely This . Please don't look like everyone else.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You should definitely get something if it has meaning to you. I normally tell my friends if you are not Asian, don't get an Asian tattoo. It normally looks really cliche or out of place, IMO. You should get something to represent your own heritage or something to represent you reaching your goal, the people you love (portrait) or an original tribal. Congrats on reaching your goals!

I'm an American from Illinois. I have basically no culture except for Abraham Lincoln and I'm not getting a Lincoln tattoo.

:)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I disagree. I've seen some tattoos on old people that look beautiful. Of course they're more wrinkled and saggy than when they were younger, but they would be anyway, tattoos or not. Besides, who can be sure they're going to get to grow old?
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I disagree. I've seen some tattoos on old people that look beautiful. Of course they're more wrinkled and saggy than when they were younger, but they would be anyway, tattoos or not. Besides, who can be sure they're going to get to grow old?
    Obviously doesnt like tats.... and we dont all get wrinkle like this!!!!!!!!..... FYI....

old-woman-ajijic-mexico.jpg?w=640
  • citygirl04
    Options
    Everything looks like **** when you're old & wrinkled so why not live for today??