New to this, not new to dieting...

Options
Hi, just wanted to report in and introduce myself. I am a 45 year old mother of 3 (4 if you count my hubby), full time nurse. I am working on losing about 40 pounds. I am 5'1" and weigh 160#.

I have been trying to shed a total of 50 pounds for 6 years, which was around 1 year after the birth of my 3rd child. Initially, I was successful at losing 30 pounds, got myself down to 140. But, over the past 2-3 years, I was plateaued and slowly regained some of the weight.

Not all of it is bad, though. Some of the weight gain is lean body mass.

I have followed all kinds of diets through the years. Before my pregnancies, I followed mainly Weight Watchers. I found that the same thing happened to me, I would lose about 10-20 pounds, and then stop. During my pregnancies, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, and I had to be careful to control my carbohydrates.

I discovered the Zone Diet, and that is the plan that I currently follow. I lost 30 pounds at first, gained some back, and now I am recommitted to following this again. I think that sometimes emotional eating gets in my way, and so that is one of the hurdles that I have to get over.

Anyway, I am looking forward to participating with you, and to eventually put up a much nicer-looking skinny picture!

Replies