Is anybody in TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly)?

Options
I just joined this past Wednesday. I never heard of it before now. They've been around for a very long time and are all over the country. I like that it's a not for profit organization and the support they provide is great. Is anybody else a member of TOPS??

Replies

• TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about joining!
  • bcw660816
    bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I joined on 25 April 2011, after I began my lifestyle change on 4 April 2011. TOPS has been wonderful! Everyone is so supportive and really understands what you are going through. I joined to have the weekly accountability, but have been lucky to find a bunch of friends.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Been a member since April 2010. Excellent organization!!!
  • TheFatAllie
    Options
    I just joined the beginning of this month! Since joining, I've lost eight pounds. It makes me feel more accountable.
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    had no idea tops was still around-been 20 years since heard anything about that! Great org.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Went to one meeting, didn't like it.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know that was a group. I thought it was just a saying. I am definitely trying to be sensible.
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm in my early 40's, and I went to one tops meeting about 6 weeks ago. I was the youngest person at the meeting in weymouth, ma. It just wasn't for me. I am willing to try something once, but I'm bummed that I didn't like it.
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about it. I just moved a coupke of months ago and there is a location of one about 10 minutes from here.
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was a member probably 10 yrs ago and i loved it, but my chapter closed and i tried other chapters but everyone was SO much older than i was, i did not feel like i fit in. I would love to find a chapter with people my age or younger.. Thanks for bringing it up i am now looking into different chapters around me...
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I've been a member of TOPS for about 11 months so far and love it. I have lost about 39 lbs. since joining. They support you and keep you accountable every meeting. Please feel free to add me.
  • bcw660816
    bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yes, TOPS has a lot of older members. My Chapter ranges in age from 12 to 93. I'm 46. I say GREAT! I think it is wonderful that older individuals belong. At a recent Fall Rally we celebrated individuals with the longest continual membership. One lady received recognition for 45 years! This kind of dedication is what I need to help motivate me. These individuals can tell me of their struggles, and how they overcame them. There are 1,000's of TOPS Chapters. If you visited once you are obviously searching for additional support and help in your weight loss journey. Keep searching for a Chapter that fits your needs. Or, you can grab some friends and start a new Chapter. All it takes is 4 individuals. TOPS works. I know from my 200+ pounds lost and TOPS members as a whole lost over 431 tons last year. Proven success record.
  • TheFatAllie
    Options
    I too noticed that I was the youngest person there. However, you can also join an online chapter where I'm sure people much younger use.
    I rather stay in the face-to-face group to feel more accountable, but that's just me. It took me forever just to get to this point.
    Maybe you can start your own chapter? I'm not sure what the criteria for one is or how you go about doing it, though.
  • Carrie_Jones
    Carrie_Jones Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello...ON_1637 Mississauga looking for more TOPS Pals for MFP.
  • Carrie_Jones
    Options
    Hello...fellow TOPS Pal here looking for friends on MFP
  • Carrie_Jones
    Options
    Hello...I'm a TOPS member in Ontario Canada (Mississauga) ON_1637 looking for friends here on MFP. Looking for supportive and encouraging friends....Please add me :-)
  • calovesda
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been a member of MFP for awhile, but haven't really used it. I have decided that it is time for a lifestyle change, and I am going to commit to tracking on MFP. I am also interested in learning more about TOPs. A lady at my church is very involved in the TOPs in our community. I am going to give her a call today, and I am going to check out the meeting on Tuesday. I would love to have some MFP buddies that are involved in TOPs as well. I can't add much, because I know very little about TOPs at this time, but I am looking forward to being a part of MFP and TOPs. :happy: