NEW

mikemaunder
mikemaunder Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi folks, Im new to this brilliant web site. I have 20 0 25 lbs to lose. The only trouble is I like my food and wine just a little too much.
Any one with any motivational reminders would be welcome.
Mike

Replies

• stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    I have the same problems - I love the wine & good food. Up until a few years ago I could eat & drink whatever I wanted, workouts consisting of cardio just to keep the heart healthy.

We love to cook at our house too and our friends have come to know us for that too. There are really great foods that are also good for you, but like anything else it's just changing the habit.

ps, I blew it this weekend with the wine....I just love cabernet sauviogn! I ususally don't workout on Sundays but I got up and did a 60 minute workout...aaargggh - guilt is such a horrible thing. LOL
  • jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 68
    Welcome Mike, I to love good food and cold beer, but need to lose 20-25 lbs. Have found this site very good with lots of support. Good Luck.

Joe
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    welcome to mfp :)
  • Rossal
    Rossal Posts: 2
    Hi all
    Joined site today, have tried everything latest been weight watchers .
    Found this on my iPhone and thought wld give it a try.
    Have 32lbs to lose, does it work ?

Ros
  • wannabe
    wannabe Posts: 29
    hi! well see beer as a treat, not an everyday staple,,,thats what i have to do with doughnuts : /.......and you CAN makeover your favorite foods, it is possible,,,with most. i use hungry girl books when im really craving the "bad stuff"...with onion ring recipes etc.
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Wannabe: what is "Hungry Girl" books?
  • wannabe
    wannabe Posts: 29
    Lisa Lillien writes cookbooks called Hungry Girl and they are basically cookbooks but she has turned almost any "bad" food you can think of and turned it ok to eat by using different ingredients. they are sold at barnes and noble probably walmart and
    hungry-girl.com.....im wanting to try peanut butter and jelly shake....
This discussion has been closed.