The Chafing issue.

Options
How does anyone prevent it?

I am slightly overweight. I and I believe the excess fat on my legs is causing them to rub together and cause the issue. I want to excersice in order to slim down but most of the time it just gets far to uncomfortable.

What can I do?

Replies

• gollyitsmolly
    Options
    Hi! I love compression shorts or tights to help (even under a looser pair of shorts), especially in a sweat- wicking material. If it is just too hot layering like this get some body glide!! It looks like deodorant and slather it on any areas prone to chaffing-- they will "glide" past each other and save your poor skin. Good luck!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    go to a bicycle store
    buy some chamois butter

ywia
  • new2canada
    new2canada Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Definitely bike shorts and or some baby powder, it keeps the skin smooth and dry so it doesn't chafe.
  • EricaRuns27
    EricaRuns27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day of the week and whether or not I like Dr. Oz's "tips"

But he suggests rolling deodorant on the area that chaffs, & it reduces friction. Its worth a try, & this is something in a average household.

My shorts rolled up on yesterday's run, & rubbed a spot on one leg.... Wish I would of thought about thay before I ran. Time for a new pair of shorts, as my old ones roll up from being too loose.

Hope this helps!