How Do You Respond

Options
SeaRunner26
SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
How do you respond when someone posts on your profile? Do you comment directly to their post, post on their wall, or send a PM?

I know I could post this in the technical section, but I'm more curious how other MFP'ers react so I can follow suit.

Replies

• SeaRunner26
    Options
    Come on guys, help me out here!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I post it on my wall on the actual post.
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    back on thier profile
  • francesiax
    Options
    I comment on the post usually. If they have asked a question then I will maybe write on their wall, but in general just on the post itself :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I post back on their wall so I know that they get a notification (if they have it set up to get emails) and won't miss it
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    back on thier profile

This - so they get notified that someone has posted something. Otherwise, they might not know I replied unless they are looking for it.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I reply on the post. If it's not a general question or comment then I will respond in a PM or on their wall.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    If someone writes on your wall you should respond on their wall. If you reply to their comment they may never know you wrote back (no notification for that one).
  • SeaRunner26
    Options
    So folks post either place. This was what I was worried about. I don't know where my friends are looking.
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I comment on the post usually. If they have asked a question then I will maybe write on their wall, but in general just on the post itself :)

^^ That's what I do.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I post back on their profile so I know that they are notified that I responded.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Basically if you

comment on their status = notification
    comment directly on their wall = notification
    comment on their comment on YOUR wall = no notification

If you or they have a lot of friends and do not check back often the comment will get missed. Id rather people comment directly on my status or my wall so I can see it. But I do try to check in on all my friends, but may still miss the comment if they have a busy wall. KWIM :)
  • SeaRunner26
    Options
    Thanks for everyone who posted. I think I'm leaning towards posting on the other peson's profile/wall. Too bad you can't include the original comment.
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My friends post all over the damn place. I am still trying to get them in line. But posting on walls or mail works best for me.

BTW- nice bike.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    okay....do you have to do something to get notifications? I only get notification when I get a message. I wasn't aware people could write on my wall and then one day I'm looking at it and see comments from people. I felt bad because I never thought to look there. Hmmm...off to check out options.