What good choices have you made today?

Options
There's SO MUCH free Papa John's pizza at work today. I already packed a healthy lunch. It used to be that I would eat my lunch and then have a couple slices of pizza, because they are there, free, and delicious.

Today instead I went on a 6 mile bike ride to run an errand, and then ate only my packed lunch.

Have you made any good choices today? Easy or difficult, let's hear them!

Replies

• cindyperry7
    Options
    Worked out on my elliptical twice!!! 30 mins each session! Blew my calories of the planet yesterday with Pizza! It was so not worth it! Today, is a new day! I have put a restraining order out on Pizza! :)
  • goldenamor
    goldenamor Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    substituted juice for water, and im now going to start my walking indoor exercise.
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    headed home for lunch and finished off my homemade deer chili instead of hitting up the greek restaurant like I really wanted. I really wanted a greek wrap, but I knew the chili was healthier (and cheaper), plus I need to save some calories for this weekend. Taking my nephews camping and I'm expecting my diet to be awash in smores, hotdogs and other assorted junk.
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Got 2 pieces of birthday cake and put them away to give to my husband rather than eating them! :drinker:
  • carlee1212
    carlee1212 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I ate small portions and walked for 45 minutes. :)
  • meeksfour
    meeksfour Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My good husband dropped me off to get a subway then I had to sit at In and Out as my family proceeded to eat double-double's with grilled onions and cheese. Lucky for me all my boys are skinny and need the calories, me not so much. Oh how I wanted to sneak bites of the fries and I had to share my baked chips with them too. They love "mommy chips"
  • andrealeighx33
    andrealeighx33 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I went out to dinner tonight at a Thai restaurant with my family. Instead of getting curry I got steamed vegetables and ordered some chicken satay fresh rolls (and only ate half of of it) and was totally satisfied. :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Not watch Doctor Who on Netflix which would have kept me up past my bedtime.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just turned down bacon! Not because I didn't want it but because of the white rolls that it comes in - too many calories for nothing :-(

Hmmm, maybe I could just eat handfuls of bacon...
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i tuned down smores at a bonfire.
    like really! dang i should've had one..cause now i have a sweettooth!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Congrats :)

I didn't starve myself or purge even though I was really stressed out and feeling down on my body :)
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    None. The day has only just begun and I'm eating a 1000 calorie breakfast. It does contain 56g of protein and my entire fibre requirement for the day, but also has 54g of fat. God I love cheese.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    This week I have already been to a work's buffet which was all sandwiches and rolls - clearly the caterers had no idea - and a Halloween party where I did behave myself only one can of Stella Artois! Today I go to a Samhuin celebration and there will be rubbish food there as well but I am going with a fitness mind and a packed lunch.

Next time I go to a works function I will pack a lunch and eat that unless the caterers get it right next time! Rather than sit miserable in the corner eating out of my lunch box I will tip it out onto one of their plates and show off!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I logged my midnight snack, even though I was really tempted to let it slip through the cracks!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I only had one cigarette when I woke up instead of two...does that count?
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I cut my dinner back as I had a big lunch and a chocolate bar in the afternoon.
    Also went on a 1 hour walk.
    Chocolate bar wasn't worth it, I ate it so quickly then regretted it immediately! DUH.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I ate homemade salmon patties and hard boiled eggs to get my required 75-100 grams of protein every day.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made healthy dinners at home instead of going out to eat on Saturday night. And I came here this morning for inspiration.
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Woke up at 5:30am to go to kettlebells class. As usual, I wanted to sleep in, but powered through. So glad I did; it wakes me up so freaking well.

Also, I moved up to a 25lb kettlebell! Woo! I'm using an even heavier one when I squat.