No Hips!!!???

ambercole
ambercole Posts: 426
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
How many of you ladies don't have hips? I want hips. Not the -my *kitten* is too big hips- but the sexy curves. My problem is everytime I get down to my goal weight I have no hips. Other than my chest my body goes straight down from my armpits to my feet. There are no curves in between. My goal weight is 135 which is not tiny so I know that it is not because I my goal weight is to low. The only time I have hips is when I am overweight which I don't want to be. How can I be at a healthy weight and have curves instead of looking like a boy?

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Are you tone?
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Take up salsa, my boss is a salsa instructor and she swears that in addition to be great exercise it really gives her a j-lo bootie
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Some of that is just plain ol' genetics! But you might be able to swing things in your favor by working to slim your waist. If you're at your target weight that will mean toning it up (you can't really control fat burning by location darn it!). I'm not an expert but a good trainer might be able to help you find some key exercises that target the waist.

Years ago I remember hearing that Christopher Reeves (SP?) trimmed his waist by doing simple twisting exercises with an empty weight bar across his shoulders. No weight but hundreds of reps?

Good luck! (I'd donate a little hips if I could!)
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Maybe you could focus some extra exercise on waist trimming?
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    You're built just like me *if* you have a higher waist (up at your ribcage) along with the narrower hips. I've read that there's no real way for people built like me to get a smaller waist/bigger hips because there's not much room between our ribcage and our hipbones. What you'll learn is that, aside from your chest, you'll always look thinner than pear shaped girls when you wear shorts, and that your legs are a great asset. You can build a bigger JLo booty if you work at it, but you'll never be an hourglass. It's a lovely shape to have - here's a blog from down under about being an H ... http://www.insideoutstyleblog.com/search/label/H shape - but celebrate it!
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Im the opposite, and i would rather be the other way around. i guess you cant have everything. lol
    my only idea wouldbe to really focus on ur obliques n abs so you might be able to cinch in your waist by toneing.
  • mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    Ohhh how I wish I had this problem!!!! :] I know it doesn't help you much but from hipbone to hipbone, I have thirteen lovely, large inches. And thats with a very flat tummy.

Large hips run in my family. I think my grandma referred to mine as "childbearing" when I as fourteen. :huh:

You could try abdominal oblique targeting exercises.. but you could also dress like you have hips!! I bet you look AWESOME in full skirts and jeans with lots of detail around the pockets! Both of which are things I avoid.

To get a better booty, hit the stairs and do lunges. They really do work if you do them enough. :]
This discussion has been closed.