Who is familiar with Jillian's 30 day shred?

Options
I keep hearing about the 30-day shred by Jillian M. I am wondering if anyone has tried it and what is your feedback. Is it realistic for someone between beginner & intermediate stage. Thanks for the info.

Replies

• tripleb87
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred for 3 days!! I didn't like it. Yes it moves fast and you will feel the pain. But I just didn't like it.. Good luck
  • kswietek
    Options
    I am on level 3 of the 30 day shred. There are a couple threads about it in the fitness and exercise category that have alot of good feedback and information.

I found it to be pretty true in it's levels, i did 1 level for a week and moved on to the next one. There are things in all 3 levels that i had to improvise for my own body, example, after I moved to level 2 my knees started bothering me, so I have had to improvise when she is doing alot of impact. The jumping and cardio was/is harder for me in each level, the abs and strength I seem to be able to hang a little better with.

I think it is totally a personal thing, as to what works for you. I'm making it work for me by improvising, still moving and doing something else when she is doing things that hurt my knees. The plank moves are another tough one for me, they hurt my wrists, so I try to do most of them but sometimes will do the modified plank on my elbows instead. In level 3 she does do some moves in plank on her elbows so I think it's OK to do.

Hope that helps and good luck!!!
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    I recommend 30 day shred to anyone who asks me for advice. That is what I started with and continued with last year when i started this journey. it has a great combination of cardio and strength training. Of course anyone can start it, do as much as you think you can get through. I remember when I started it, i couldnt even get to half of level one workout, but then I worked at it and pretty soon i was feeling to get a better workout by doing level two right after i finish level one. when i got to level three, it kicked my butt, so i did about half of it . . . i never ended up getting through all of it. its great for toning your body too, i noticed a great difference in inches. it doesnt take much time either, a good 20-25 minutes. i have such a busy life that it made it easy to do it very often and when i can squeeze the 20 minutes in.
    I give credit to 30 day shred for my weightloss. I encourage it! If you have any specific questions, just ask. good luck!:bigsmile:
  • dacoteglander
    Options
    I love it. It combines 3 minutes of cardio with 2 minutes of strength trainign ( weights) and 1 minute of abs. It is VERY challenging, and I have really felt a sense of accomplioshment from doing it. I would recommend doing it 7 days before you decide if you "like" it or not. It is very upbeat and it goes by fast. Changing the activity every 3, 2 or 1 minute, you do not have much time to get bored. :-)
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30 days , i only missed three days , one for a day off , and the others I had other very hard cardio workouts I love it, it is a program where u will see results if u stick with it. The key is to give it time. Think i lost a good 7-8 pounds, hard to tell, but i know i lost, and I can for sure tell the difference in my clothes. I would say that it is not a good beginner program if you haven't done any exerciseed in a long time. I also do other cardio work in addition to the video. Good luck.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for it. I ended up selling it shortly after buying it! I didn't like her style. I'll stick to my Walk Away the Pounds. :)
  • byHisgrace
    Options
    I loved and hated it. It's hard, but you know you are really doing some good things for yourself. The moves are basic, and anyone can do them. You don't need a great deal of time or special equipment to use it.

Get through the first five days, and you'll love it!
  • kac452
    kac452 Posts: 10
    Options
    I LOVE the 30 day shred. I work full-time and i have 3 kids so it's hard for me to commit alot of time to a workout. I have found this to be a short workout but very effective. You can modify the exercises to your abilities. By combining this with a healthy diet (no i didn't starve myself), I was able to lose 10 lbs. in one month.
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Great information. It is always better to get the reviews from you rather than through a commercial online. I am going to give it a shot...I have 3 daughters and work full time so the 30 minutes part sounds great. I'll let you know how it's going if you are interested.

One last question...do you need special equipment? I have free weights, treadmill and elliptical at home. Since my oldest daughter's auto accident, I have cancelled my gym membership and rapidly gained weight. You have inspired me to get back to it.

Thank you!
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Glad to help out!:bigsmile:
    All you need is hand weights (I use 5lb ones but whatever you want is fine). I use my yoga mat so I dont slip when I'm doing pushups and the floor stuff. but thats pretty much it. you're set! Best of luck and excited to hear how you like it!:flowerforyou:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30-Day Shred now, on Level 2, Day 5. I am trying each level for about 10 days. I am down about another 6 pounds since starting it on January 1. I really like it so far. Hope this helps.
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Are you all doing the workout every day? No break in between?
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I pretty much did it all but three days. One day my body was screaming for a break. I do other cardio stuff. I also mixed the routines up.........a few days on one , a few days on two. I really don't think it is good to do the same exercise 14 days in a row. I just started adding level three into my routine. Please be aware that you can injure yourself because it does move fast and a lot of the polymetrics can be high impact.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I didn't mention earlier, but I am only doing every other day. I try for Monday, Wednesday, Friday and then I go to the gym Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday or Sunday. I usually take one day off a week completely from exercise.
  • Jay_83
    Options
    i tired to do it everyday and that wasnt working for me, so i tried it three on one off . . . just do it to fit you. now a year later, i try to do it about 2-3 times a week to keep toning.
  • will4change
    Options
    Hello I wanted to ask you a question about the workout. I also have been doing the 30 day shred since the beging of this year so almost 23 days skipped two day. But I can honestly say that though I see some toning in my lower legs have not seen any wght loss at all. I am still doing the level one because I think that I should be able to complete it without any (cheeting... like skip some reps.) so what did your meals consist of... Hopw it is not much to ask but I must be doing something not right.....??!!
  • Jay_83
    Options
    I think if you have been doing it for23 days, you should be onto level 2 for sure. just try it, see how you feel. maybe you are ready and dont even know it.:happy:
    Of course food choices are apart of weightloss, I found that my changes in diet were more effective for losing weight than just exercise. but 30 day shred helped a lot for toning, very true. its what you put in it tho.
    My meals consisted of a lot of fish, turkey breast, salads, cottage cheese(with a tiny bit of splenda and a bit of cinnamin) and steamed veggies. Loads of water and always remember getting the correct portion sizes!!! Hope this helps.:bigsmile: