Been here a week, coping with pain.

Manikchia
Manikchia Posts: 5 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I am just new to the site this week, but I love the diary so far. I have lost 4 lbs since I started (but there was a couple days of flu in there, so that may have had some influence)! I have 2 boys under 2 and would love to lose weight so I have more energy and less pain. I also find that we never end up getting outside all day long, and I'd like that to change. It's difficult when my youngest is only 3 months old. I'd like to lose about 50 lbs and get back to the weight I was before my first baby, and see how I feel from there.

The hardest things about weight loss for me are firstly getting the motivation to start MOVING in the first place; and when I do begin exercise; to cope with the pain I have. I have very flat feet, and balance and hip and knee pain has always been an issue. I also developed symphysis pubis disorder (a separating of the center pelvic joint) during both my pregnancies, which I still feel the effects of. I really like fun, upbeat exercises like dancing and kickboxing, but the pain is always an issue either during or the next day. I also love yoga, and try to do that as often as possible. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks and good luck to you.

Replies

• claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    HI, and welcome to MFP!
    Have you been to see a doctor about the pain, especially the SPD..s/he could refer you to see a physio i think?
    Well done on your 4lb weight loss!!!
This discussion has been closed.