Runners! What's on your 2013 calendar?

Options
Looking ahead to 2013 and trying to plan a couple races. What races do you have planned?

January - Goofy Challenge - Disney

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked to see what's around me yet, but probably a St. Patty's Day one and a 10K in June (or at least that's my goal). I'll have to see what else my area has to offer!
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    "Run for your lives!" Looks sooo fun...just running from zombies:)
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    The Color run 5k- St.louis MO,Lawrence and Kansas City KS
  • tr33p1g
    tr33p1g Posts: 85
    Options
    Got a 10km winter run this December in Edwinstowe and hopefully a half marathon in Sheffield in May. Both are UK races.

Fancy one of the zombie themed events for the laugh :)
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I don't have any specific races in mind, but I need to do a few 10k's. I've done all 5k's up to this point and want the challenge of going fast for a little longer. Maybe once I do a few 10k's I'll consider a half.

I already run 5.2 two to three times a week, so a 10K shouldn't be a big deal. Just couldn't find one that fit my schedule this year.
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Tough Mudder in June, is a definite.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Would love to run a race in the Rock and Roll series but the dates/places don't work with our schedule. I'm out the first few months of the year (after my January races) for surgery. However was thinking I should find something end of summer or early fall. Would be a nice flying 4 day weekend as a small getaway.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Nothing planned so far! Hopefully a few half marathons. :)
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    So far, just the Philadelphia Rock 'n' Roll half marathon. Will likely add some 5Ks, a 5 miler, and a 10K to the calendar as well.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've got a 6K in Feb and an 8K in March. Haven't registered for anything past that yet. I want to check out some trail races. And I would like to aim for a half marathon in the fall.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    My first half marathon in May. :drinker:

I'll also be registering for a handful of 5k's that I really enjoyed this year, as well as some 10k's.

Next year I also want to do the Warrior Dash, maybe the Color me Rad again, and the Run For Your Lives.

...and whatever else strikes my fancy!
  • AZDreamgirl
    Options
    Still finishing this years... Kiwi Dash done, Devil Dash done, then Zombie Outbreak Run 11/10, then Mud Factor 11/24. Jan 2013 registered already for Graffiti run... and Gladiator rock n run. Just getting started!!!
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Princess Half Marathon at Disney!!! February.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Runireland.com haven't posted anything on their event calendar yet. pouty.gif

But for definite I will be doing the "Jog for Jockeys 5K" on 11th August (charity run in aid of injured jockeys)

I'm setting myself a target of training to compete in the Dublin Marathon this time next year.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Have 4 more races left this year, then the New Orleans Rock n' Roll full Marathon Feb 13'. Not sure of the rest of my race alendar for 2013 yet, but will be doing several 5k, 10k, 15k, and half marathons and triathlons and duathlons including my first Half Ironman Tri in Oct.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    So far...

OK5K in Va Beach

Run for the Ranch 5k in Chesapeake, Va

The Odyssey Trail Running Rampage Half Narathon (still thinking i might do the Marathon) @ Douthat State Park in Milford, Va
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    May - Womans Asset Management 10k

Sept - Great Scottish run

No doubt join up to another 4 or so
  • WAMarathoner
    Options
    I have a mad-scientist-crazy master plan designed to get me to a Boston Qualifying time by the end of 2013. I need to break 3:30 and I haven't broken 4:00 yet, so ...

Cascade Half-Marathon (Oregon) in January
    Lake Sammamish Half-Marathon (Washington) in March
    Whidbey Island Half-Marathon (Washington) in April
    Winthrop Marathon (Washington) in June
    Bellingham Half-Marathon (Washington) in September
    California International Marathon (Sacramento, CA) in December

I ran 4 halfs, 1 full, and 1 full+ (29 mile trail run) in 2012, but overall I was a little disappointed in the results.

There will be plenty of 5k and 10k races thrown in - those are great for working on speed, and they are plentiful and easy to find on a whim.

Now all I have to do is follow through. Keep running, and see you out there!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    So far, just the Philadelphia Rock 'n' Roll half marathon. Will likely add some 5Ks, a 5 miler, and a 10K to the calendar as well.

Me too - I paid already to keep me motivated! Pre-registered for Broad Street (10 miles) as well because an injury prevented me from doing it last year...

Also the Norcross Bridge Run (10k) and Phillies 5k.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Only got 2 half marathons for sure. . . gonna add a bunch more races in the coming weeks/months! Hoping to run at least the 2 halfs and a handful of 5k and a couple 10k. . . also thinking about "tackle the tower" in Cleveland in Feb just for fun. 2013 will determine if I strive for 26.2 in 2014 or not!!