Need Motivation!

Options
the main problem i have is sticking to my goal and getting the motivation to lose the weight. what are some ways you guys do to keep it up? i am new to the site and am not friends with many people. I have 100 lbs to lose and hopefully i can achieve this goal to change my life for the better.

Replies

• jeccajecca
    Options
    Dear Kamp150,

motivation is a tricky thing unfortunately. There will be sometimes days when you dont have it and you just need to push through it..

However, some people may find a little help by sticking to your wall/fridge/whatever a picture of someone that inspires you or of a good looking girl/guy. I mean, it might sounds stupid but, if you would like to date Kim Kardashian having a pic of her around might really help. Or if you want Ryan Gosling abs one of his pics could do the trick!

Also, having around a a t shirt or a pair of jeans in a smaller size might motivate you and makes you think: ''gotta hit the gym if I wanna fit into that t shirt!''.

Motivational sentences or words around the house/room might help as well.

Hope this ideas will inspire you. They kinda work for me :)

Best of luck with your journey
    Jessica
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Now, I don't know what it would feel like to want to loose 100 pounds. So I really don't know how you are truly feeling. I'm guessing you must seem totally overwhelmed by the thought of having to loose so. much. weight.

All I can suggest is try not to think of it as loosing 100 pounds. Think of 5 pounds at a time. I lost 35 pounds on Weight Watchers and you get a little star for 5 pounds. Because five pounds is a big deal! Little changes in your diet and movement can really add up.

Don't try to change everything at once. Just cut some things out. I know you are cutting back on the soda and that is awesome! Go for a short walk everyday...even if you don't want to...you will always feel better for doing it. Walk in the rain, in the cold, in the sun...just do it and it will become a habit. Little things morph into big things. I know you are young and it must seem terribly hard but you can only do it for you. You can't do this for your mom or your girlfriend/boyfriend or doctor or cousin...you get the idea! You have to really want it...deep down inside.

Just think about how much better you will feel, take the stairs with out huffing and puffing, run for a bus, bending over to tie your shoes. I know I have lost 35 pounds and all those things are easier now...imagine what 100 pounds off you will feel like.

You can do it! It will not happen in a month, or 3 months...you are in for the long haul. It is worth it and you can do it!! One pound at a time!