Challenge to Walk

Notta
Notta Posts: 38
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been walking each day for an hour a day non-stop. Today I walked for 87 minutes. I've been walking like this for 9 days straight. What I've noticed is that people are running all around the gym and aren't consistant with any one thing. I am using this site help me count my caloires and stay on track but I am here to tell anyone out there that walking for a hour each day really does work. My clothes are bagging off of me and my stomach is almost flat. Don't get on a treadmill, get on the walking track at your local gym or go outside and walk all around your neighborhood for an hour non-stop. Any up to trying this for a week and letting me know how it is going for them?

Replies

• Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    I totally agree. Walking is awesome but really people just need to move and be consistent. Good for you! I walk on my breaks and lunch at work everyday- it maintains where I am and if I want weight lost I add an extra workout. I have 19 pounds to go once I get to this target then that is all I am going to do walk home and at work. Best of luck.
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    i agree moving is the key! i do a 3 mile walk in 45 minutes for my workout. it's always great in the beginning. but i'm gonna have to change it up a bit because my body will get use to that. but for now it's working! walking is great and easier on your joints than running.
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Does walking on a stepper count?
This discussion has been closed.