WII Fitness Plus

Options
Is anyone using the WII Fitness Plus for excercise? I am jus getting started and ordered a WII and the Fitness Plus. I was interested in finding out what gives a good workout? Thanks,

Replies

• hauseyoudoin
    Options
    Its great! I use it all the time, and there is all different types of games and workouts you can do, you can even create your own fitness plan and follow that everyday. There is one exercise where you have to step onto the balance board in time with the rythm that the wii remote makes and you can change the channel to watch tv while you are doing it. I did it last night for 30 minutes and burned about 200 calories. You will love it!
  • melissaga79
    melissaga79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I do a 30 minute workout everyday with it. It makes excercising fun and before you know it you have burned alot of calories!
  • Fit4Life51
    Options
    I bought the Wii Fit Plus last Christmas and never took it out the box until today. I even purchased the Wii Personal Trainer. I plan to get started within the hour.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my favorite 20 minute pick me up on the wii fit plus: 6 minutes rythmn boxing, random strength pose (plank), 2 minute hula, 6 minute rythmn kung fu, 2 minute hula, random yoga pose (sun salutation), 2 minute chicken flap game, 90 seconds of lotus (sitting). hope that helps get you started.
    dawn
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My husband and I LOVE our wii fit plus! Not only is it fun and easy to work out with, it's great when friends are over. We always get a good laugh watching each other flap like chickens and everyone marvels at how their arms are sore. I hear "it must really work" a lot!
  • dawn675
    dawn675 Posts: 19
    Options
    I love the Wii Fitness Plus! I just started using mine 10 days ago and can feel a difference! I enjoy it a lot!
  • hateras
    hateras Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like the advanced step which is in the aerobics section... My favorite is the Segway game in the balance section.
    Island cycling and the boxing are a good work out as well.
  • Carroll1946
    Options
    I love the Wii Fitness Plus. In fact I just finished my exercise for today. I also had the Wii Fitness earlier edition. I vary my routine. I go to MY Fitness Plus Routines, click on Combine, and click on all 12 blocks listed and then hit the plus sign to do two types of exercise at a time which keeps me going about 50 minutes or more. Today exercised for 55 minutes and burned 210 calories. On other days I go to My Routine and selected 18 yoga exercises and 10 strength for a total time of 51 minutes. I burned 187 calories last time with that. I like Wii Plus but I lose burn more calories with EA Sports Active Workouts and More Workouts. My last workout with Sports Active Workout burned 277 calories in 44 minutes. It is a lot of fun as well.:flowerforyou:
  • miabrown66
    Options
    Thanks! I can't wait for it to come in. I am walking in the meantime but I don't really enjoy it very much and it is so dependant on the weather. I had heard about the EA Sports and will probably make that my next purchase! :smile:
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I actually have My Fitness Coach. It's not so much a game, but I really enjoy it and it's effective. I never had the Plus version of Wii fit just the regular. I liked it well enough.
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    I love Wii fit Plus, I frequently use the cycling game and work up a good sweat doing that. As well as the hoola Hoop game. I play those two the most, but I like the Rhythm marching for a bit of a starter before I really get into it. Also Rhythm Kung Fu. I haven't been on since just before Christmas since I have been sick off and on and I had surgery. So I am now just getting back into it. It is so much fun and you can almost forget you are exercising, because you are trying to beat your last score or beat a friend's score.

The farthest I have gone on the cycling game was a little over 11 km and only because I couldn't find that last damn flag in the 3 rd level. I have since opened all the levels though I haven't tried the last two yet. Level 2 and 3 are plenty for me still as I still drip with sweat when I am done.
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    oh how can you watch TV at the same time. I would love to know.

I have to change video/tv mode to get to the right "channel" for the wii. I googled, and it looks like free running works well with TV by just changing the tv/video mode

Is that what you do too?

THANKS!
  • hauseyoudoin
    Options
    oh how can you watch TV at the same time. I would love to know.

I have to change video/tv mode to get to the right "channel" for the wii. I googled, and it looks like free running works well with TV by just changing the tv/video mode

Is that what you do too?

THANKS!

however you have to change channels to get back to the tv, that is what you do. just leave the wii on and the games that tell you that you can change the channel, like the free step, will say "watch tv if you want" and then you go to the tv channel you want and you should hear the wii remote telling you what to do
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    That's what I kind of figured! Thanks!!!!

I haven't tried the free step yet. I feel so uncoordinated and messy when I do the regular beginners Wii step! hahaa
  • CalderaGal
    Options
    Love it! The yoga is neat because when you do it on the board, it shows you where your imbalances are and when you work on that, your posture gets better. If you can reach master level on a dozen poses or so, it increases your physical strength and well being. For aerobics, I do the advanced free step, running, and hula hoop. I have not done any Wii Fitness since I joined MyFitnessPlus but hope to when the weather outside gets too snowy and icy for walking. Good luck with it and your fitness goals!
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    There's a free step? I'll have a look for that. I love my Wii fit plus. It got me started out on my fitness journey and I still go back to it when I don't want to make the journey to the gym.